.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

amassi

WKR
If we are having TMK seconds hit the market right now, is it safe to assume more TMK's are on the way? Just wondering if I need to jump on some seconds.
They were In stock at midsouth and cm sports, non blems. In 500 packs

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Midway has 77g tmk factory seconds
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021193973?pid=516595

I have a few boxes of 69g tmk that I need to build a load for so I might go that route this year.

Saw this thread pop up on arfcom last weekend. Really dug through this and the .264 thread. Great stuff. I hunted with the 75g (?) tsx a few years back but no luck the few times I took it out.

'preciate it. I just ordered another 500.

Deywalker

FNG
Midway has 77g tmk factory seconds
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021193973?pid=516595

I have a few boxes of 69g tmk that I need to build a load for so I might go that route this year.

Saw this thread pop up on arfcom last weekend. Really dug through this and the .264 thread. Great stuff. I hunted with the 75g (?) tsx a few years back but no luck the few times I took it out.
just ordered 500 myself for my first foray into reloading, now to find some good powder for 77gr .223 that's actually in stock

Lawnboi

WKR
just ordered 500 myself for my first foray into reloading, now to find some good powder for 77gr .223 that's actually in stock

Who knows when we will see Xbr again

Juan_ID

WKR
I was thinking about TAC, but I'd prefer something that wasn't temp sensitive
Not too sure about temp sensitivity but I had pretty good luck with h4895. Good velocities and groups, just made the jump to xbr is why I don’t use it anymore

Check out shooters world powders. I’ve had great luck with them so far. The Match, tactical, AR plus, and precision all have loads for 77g. Based on their charts they all push them between 2700-2800ish. Tactical powder pushes them the fastest. The precision powder is very similar to varget. Makes nice loads. Saw a few guys that compared it to varget and actually got better results. Only problem is the price on that has doubled recently.

Lawnboi

WKR
Yes but it’s not bad from what Iv seen. If I were in your shoes I’d be buying some and likely will end up shooting tac for quite a few other applications. Out to 400 with a 223 there is some wiggle room, and that change can be tracked.

H4895 and Xbr are going to be your best bet if you cannot load longer. If you can the. Varget is an option and has been fairly available lately.

Who the hell knows when Xbr will show back up. Iv seen it once in the last year. Good thing a pound makes a decent amount of ammo in the 223

robtattoo

WKR
I've had good luck, accuracy & velocity wise with TAC. Varget have great accuracy but slooooow with 77s, barely breaking 2600 fps out of a 20" barrel. TAC put me into the low 2700s with zero pressure & MOA accuracy.

mt100gr.

WKR
20221020_204610.jpg
Such a ferocious little bullet, that 77 TMK is!!

My 12 year old daughter knocked down another big bodied mule deer buck during the MT youth hunt a couple days ago - 1 and done at 125 yds.

Completely shredded the lungs and he rolled within 20 yards.

Last edited:

superA

WKR
Ordered some from Stand One Armory, UPS driver delivered the box looking like he had used it as s soccer ball. Loose rounds in the bottom, missing boxes. Stand One immedietly shipped out the missing ammo and even threw in a t shirt.

I'm going to give it a try on Hog and deer this year.