.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Yes sir. The front half of them will be severely damaged. I prefer that slightly forward shot, because a “high shoulder” is about 2 inches from being over the spine and not entering the chest cavity at all. The forward placement I showed with the dot- if you hit it- it’s an instantaneous bang flip. A bit high, same, and bit forward- same as you catch the spine at the base of the neck. And a bit back is a solid lung shot.
The main intersection.

I have always favored the neck when applicable, but I will be shooting that shot when not, I like it

BLJ

WKR
Yes sir. The front half of them will be severely damaged. I prefer that slightly forward shot, because a “high shoulder” is about 2 inches from being over the spine and not entering the chest cavity at all. The forward placement I showed with the dot- if you hit it- it’s an instantaneous bang flip. A bit high, same, and bit forward- same as you catch the spine at the base of the neck. And a bit back is a solid lung shot.
Thanks again for the help.

For those shooting factory loads… Black Hills on sale at Creedmoor Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
2 late season doe tonight. Shots were 150 ish. 20” AR. 77 tmk. Doe all spooked so I didn’t have much time to shoot. Both bang flops. I lost both front shoulders but didn’t have to track them! I’m done shooting behind the shoulder. I much prefer bang flops ! Sorry no pics. Lungs were mush. I love shooting the suppressor, after the first doe dropped the deer didn’t know which way the shot came from so they kinda ran in circles which allowed me to shoot another. A great way to end the season. Thanks [mention]Formidilosus [/mention]for the shooting location tips

Last edited:

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the market for a SWFA fixed 6X if anyone has one to sell. My mid/low tier sig isn’t cutting it

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
Who has used the SWFA 10x without issues for hunting ? I want the 6X but they appear to be very difficult to find. The 10x is in stock and also in the classifieds. My shots are routinely 200 plus on deer

Who has used the SWFA 10x without issues for hunting ? I want the 6X but they appear to be very difficult to find. The 10x is in stock and also in the classifieds. My shots are routinely 200 plus on deer

I used one on my 22 cm this year. Didn’t have any issues. I did notice the closer shots I had to adjust focus but it wasn’t a big deal. I wouldn’t hesitate picking up another 10X. Killed deer at 135, 206 and 625 yards. I didn’t need to refocus for any of those but shot a few varmits as close as 30 yards and that’s when refocus was needed.

clperry

Lil-Rokslider

I have an moa 10x on a 270wsm. It does fine. No real issues.

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I used one on my 22 cm this year. Didn’t have any issues. I did notice the closer shots I had to adjust focus but it wasn’t a big deal. I wouldn’t hesitate picking up another 10X. Killed deer at 135, 206 and 625 yards. I didn’t need to refocus for any of those but shot a few varmits as close as 30 yards and that’s when refocus was needed.

Well heck that makes my life a lot easier. I should have started here before searching the last 2 days lol. Thanks !

Juan_ID

WKR
I kept forgetting to post this but was reminded when I saw the link to the black hills above. Pretty decent price I think, would buy some but have a couple other things taking priority at the moment.

Also shot a couple 10 rounds groups today, 77 handload on top and black hills 77 tmk on bottom. Shot from a suppressed 16.5” t3x. Haven’t chrono’d the black hills but handloads are going about 2720. I do wish the price per round was closer then I’d just shoot the black hills and be done with it.
IMG_7094.jpeg

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to agree, esp. in my area where most shots are close but sometimes I shoot at a distance.
Has to be a variable for me, sinful as that might be!

I promised my wife that I will not buy another firearm last year and I kept my promise like a champ.
It's 2024 now and to my luck, Bass Pro has a promo on the TX3 Lite D-18. Additionally, Beretta is running a rebate on the T3X so as of 10 min ago, I can finally say that I'm joining the rockslide special team. Can't wait to pick it up.

houser52

FNG
I have 2 of the 10X SS MQ. I tried a 6X but the reticle looked too fine and traded it for another 10X. The 10X reticle looks much larger to me than the 6X and I can see it a lot better.

Killed an 8pt. buck and a doe this year with different rifles both wearing the 10X but shots were at 220 yds. and 300 yds.