.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

atmat

WKR
Ugh. I just need to go pick up one of the Stainless Tikka’s already. I’ve got them found, I have a 6.5 CTR I can let go of in the process, I could literally have one by the end of the day. Heck I even have a scope and rings already. I just need to bite the bullet and do it. Love seeing this thread being updated!
There’s one in the gun classifieds. It’s a decent price. You can point out to the guy that he told everyone that Tikka SS can be had for $730 new and that anyone willing to pay more is an idiot. Maybe that’ll bring him down in price?

nobody

WKR
There’s one in the gun classifieds. It’s a decent price. You can point out to the guy that he told everyone that Tikka SS can be had for $730 new and that anyone willing to pay more is an idiot. Maybe that’ll bring him down in price?
I’ve got 2 found local to me too, and they’ll take the CTR on trade too. I’m surprised I’ve found them as easily as I have honestly. I’ve lusted after one for a year and just haven’t taken the plunge. I really just need to do it, the 6.5 I picked up in February is gettin burned up already, to the point I have a barrel in my safe and am prepping to swap it over. I need to just rip off the bandaid and get the 223 here already.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It is a break open single shot made by Blaser, their K95 model. Single shots like this are popular in Europe for stalking, mostly in Central Europe in countries like Germany and Austria where they refer to them as "kipplaufs".
They are light, and accurate, and barrels for different cartridges are fully interchangeable. Their overall length is far shorter than any bolt rifle since they save the length of the action.
Broken down they will fit in a backpack, leaving your hands free, and will fit in a small hardcase, making them very convenient when travelling with them.
I almost don't use any other guns when stalking.
It is also beautiful, though my view may be skewered as all I tend to see are stainless guns with synthetic stockings. The Blazer still has nice lines, even if I put wood on my Encore it would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

Thank you for the additional information.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I feel a tad silly. After reading this thread I have a 223 Tikka that is being cut and thread, I have a suppressor in jail, and I have reloading equipment coming so I can shoot TMKs (and already have components and the TMKs).

This is all @fwafwow fault and when I have to explain to my wife that she cannot buy more nail polish, even though I used all of her's I'm going to blame him, and @Formidilosus of course. 🛡️🛡️

If I get comfortable shooting past 200 yards, I'm just going to credit my own genius of course. :p

On the other side, with the cost of ammo locally (shipping is not really an option in AK), even if shooting TMKs I will break even at about 1500 shots (reloading vs buying 223) and another 1500 shots will put me ahead on buying the 223 compared to sticking with my 308 (buying 308 vs 223 ammo), not to mention I'll be more likely to actually shoot that many shots and get the skill that comes with it.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Well, I feel a tad silly. After reading this thread I have a 223 Tikka that is being cut and thread, I have a suppressor in jail, and I have reloading equipment coming so I can shoot TMKs (and already have components and the TMKs).

This is all @fwafwow fault and when I have to explain to my wife that she cannot buy more nail polish, even though I used all of her's I'm going to blame him, and @Formidilosus of course. 🛡️🛡️

If I get comfortable shooting past 200 yards, I'm just going to credit my own genius of course. :p

On the other side, with the cost of ammo locally (shipping is not really an option in AK), even if shooting TMKs I will break even at about 1500 shots (reloading vs buying 223) and another 1500 shots will put me ahead on buying the 223 compared to sticking with my 308 (buying 308 vs 223 ammo), not to mention I'll be more likely to actually shoot that many shots and get the skill that comes with it.
Awesome!

Promise you’re gonna love shooting this rifle AND you’re gonna be impressed by the terminal performance.

will break even at about 1500 shots (reloading vs buying 223) and another 1500 shots will put me ahead on buying the 223 compared to sticking with my 308 (buying 308 vs 223 ammo), not to mention I'll be more likely to actually shoot that many shots and get the skill that comes with it.

Nobody ever saves money. You will spend the same amount as you always have. You will just shoot more. This saving money and putting you ahead of what centerfire ammo costs...yea thats a myth :ROFLMAO:

fwafwow

WKR

How is this my fault? I'm blaming you for my RSS and inbound S20. And all 3 of my SWFAs. And my general poor manners and grumpy disposition.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
How is this my fault? I'm blaming you for my RSS and inbound S20. And all 3 of my SWFAs. And my general poor manners and grumpy disposition.
You can blame me and I'll blame you and then neither of us will have to take personal responsibility.

Nobody ever saves money. You will spend the same amount as you always have. You will just shoot more. This saving money and putting you ahead of what centerfire ammo costs...yea thats a myth :ROFLMAO:
Agree, sort of. The shooting more while spending the same amount puts me ahead on the cost for skills continuum.