22 Mag vs 17 HMR....does anyone choose a 22 Mag anymore?

Just bought a 22mag after considering both. My main reason was I already had a pistol chambered in 22m so I could avoid needing another caliber.

I watched a lot of videos and reviews, and the 22 seems to be accurate enough for my needs.
This! PMR30 is my farm gun...it will kill a hog...always on my hip..2lbs 30rds....so naturally I picked up a A22mag. As far as ammo on my shelf....I will probably die before I shoot up my supply.

Last edited:

TSAMP

WKR
This! PMR30 is my farm gun...it will kill a hog...always on my hip..2lbs 30rds....so naturally I picked up a A22mag. As far as ammo on my shelf....I will probably die before I shoot up my supply.
What are you shooting with the PMR30? I've found it's rather finicky with cycling various ammo. I've tried the 3 reccomended ones in the manual.

What are you shooting with the PMR30? I've found it's rather finicky with cycling various ammo. I've tried the 3 reccomended ones in the manual.
Cci or winchester 40gr HP..it was little picky at first but after 500 or so rounds its fine...I have more issues keeping the front site on it than anything. Make sure the mag is loaded properly...thats usually the issue. Load from the rim window not the front or before it. You have to roll them in and then slide them the rest of the way back.