2024 Wyoming elk draw trends General

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
What a silly statement. It is certainly OK for a state agency to charge Non residents whatever they need to, or want to, for benefit the residents of that state. Keeping the cost of hunting low and providing the best hunting experience in the west like WY does! If you think the wildlife of a state belongs to everyone in the US, you're just wrong. Wildlife is held in trust for the residents of that state. A state then may give an opportunity for non residents to hunt if and how they chose.

It's very simple, if you don't like how a state treats non residents don't hunt there. Or just whine on the internet about it and see where that gets you.
Beat me to it and did a better job of explaining it than I did.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
What a silly statement. It is certainly OK for a state agency to charge Non residents whatever they need to, or want to, for benefit the residents of that state. Keeping the cost of hunting low and providing the best hunting experience in the west like WY does! If you think the wildlife of a state belongs to everyone in the US, you're just wrong. Wildlife is held in trust for the residents of that state. A state then may give an opportunity for non residents to hunt if and how they chose.

It's very simple, if you don't like how a state treats non residents don't hunt there. Or just whine on the internet about it and see where that gets you.

That is the best explanation of resident and non resident pricing and justification I’ve read. Too bad it was given with such combative and condescending qualifiers.

Good content, $hitty delivery.

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
That is the best explanation of resident and non resident pricing and justification I’ve read. Too bad it was given with such combative and condescending qualifiers.

Good content, $hitty delivery.

Never met a solid elk hunter that was a powder puff. If the truth/facts hurt I can't help you.

I have to agree, a WY GEN tag is a good tag, but it’s not 2k good. I hunt elk in CO every year so it dumbs down the urgency to hunt them. I went the cheap fee Gen and will continue to buy points and apply, maybe hit the random , but 2k? No way, even if WY elk are much easier to hunt.

Jethro

WKR
I think there were only 4 applicants in the East Gen special tag who didn’t draw with 2 points. Guess who was one of the 4….
Making things worse, my buddy only had 1 point and got a E Gen tag.
Not that this will do you any good, but nobody drew with 2 points.

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Does anyone have the numbers on resident elk tags for 2024? I'd like to see how that number compares to the non-resident tags.

sasquatch

WKR
The cost should relate to funding the resource. Pricing people out is a step towards privatization and the “king’s deer.”

Yea, it’d be real nice if the tags were free. Then maybe we can cry it takes us 20 years to get a general tag.

We can make money if we choose and prioritize it. We can NOT buy time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro