2024 South Dakota deer draw results.

see126

FNG
You need to watch closer. They added 300 tags last year and the year before. Consistent and the tribes game management are two words that don’t go together.
I’ve hunted there every year since 2019, pretty aware of tag numbers. Weird how if they’re doing such a poor job, how I consistently see more deer and antelope there than the bordering units in North or South Dakota.

see126

FNG
You need to watch closer. They added 300 tags last year and the year before. Consistent and the tribes game management are two words that don’t go together.
2022-600 NRNM buck tags, 2023-450 NRNM buck tags, 2024-400 NRNM buck tags. Meanwhile North and South Dakota no change or increase.

Reactions: Duh

KurtR

WKR
I’ve hunted there every year since 2019, pretty aware of tag numbers. Weird how if they’re doing such a poor job, how I consistently see more deer and antelope there than the bordering units in North or South Dakota.
Haha you have been there since 2019 wow thats a long time. Your here for what a week maybe 10 days a year i guess that gives you a better idea of whats happening than the people that live here. They added 300 tags on the website after the license were sold out.

see126

FNG
Haha you have been there since 2019 wow thats a long time. Your here for what a week maybe 10 days a year i guess that gives you a better idea of whats happening than the people that live here. They added 300 tags on the website after the license were sold out.
Live 30 minutes away, hunt in 3f2 and 20A every weekend from mid August to end of November! Have had no problems either way finding deer and antelope, or filling tags.

KurtR

WKR
Live 30 minutes away, hunt in 3f2 and 20A every weekend from mid August to end of November! Have had no problems either way finding deer and antelope, or filling tags.
Well if time is a factor im 5 minutes away and i spend all year in corson between work and helping ranchers. The quality and numbers are way way down from what it was from 02 -15 Even with some hard winters in there. From 15 on its been a downward spiral. The goats they are damn near extinct compared to what they were

KurtR

WKR
Got the same tag I'm guessing! Wish more people would lay off the young muleys! I'll shoot a whitetail if I can't find a big mature muley.
Ya they get tough on the three and four year olds. If I shoot a whitetail it will have to be huge as I get that whitetail tag almost every year as a second choice.