2024 Panic Buying

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Yesterday at a lgs they had 5# bottles of Re19 and Re22. I got all excited and grabbed a jug of Re22 and looked at the price…$350. I put it right back on the shelf. No thanks. The single 1# bottle of Re22 was $80. Looks like I won’t be very likely to use Alliant powders moving forward.

AT79

FNG
It seems like quite a bit more inventory available lately, and some at even “discounted” prices. I doubt we’ll ever get back to original prices pre-2020. We showed the suppliers and sellers what we’d be willing to pay! I do think we’ll see another round of panic buying though being an election year and all the BS that surrounds it.

GoatPackr

WKR
Was just in a reloading store in AZ. The owner showed me an email he very recently received from Hodgdon. They won't be shipping any more powder for at least the summer maybe longer. They are claiming chemical shortages used to manufacture powders and the wars going on. Think powder is expensive now?
The last few years they were shipping it just not a lot. Supposedly it's done for awhile or longer.

Kris

Was just in a reloading store in AZ. The owner showed me an email he very recently received from Hodgdon. They won't be shipping any more powder for at least the summer maybe longer. They are claiming chemical shortages used to manufacture powders and the wars going on. Think powder is expensive now?
The last few years they were shipping it just not a lot. Supposedly it's done for awhile or longer.

Kris

I just purchased 6lbs of H4350last week and now you’re scaring me thinking I need to buy more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on, never heard of them before. Thanks! I will say I’ve noticed that google has retarded the search function for anything gun related. Seems like all the main sellers are shadow banned from coming up without specifically searching them.
Duckduckgo.com my friend.

Edit: The difference in search results is incredible, from political articles to guns and such. The Google influence is insane, entire population of people slowly being trained by them.

Last edited:
Damn you guys. Another 1k 224 ELDs ordered before they aren't around for $0.25 anymore.

dallen

Lil-Rokslider
I listened to a podcast ( Mike Rowe I think) on the scarcity mindset…….apparently our brains are wired to panic buy…..especially when times are shaky