2024 Panic Buying

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Is panic buying of components back on? Noticed yesterday .284 175 eldx are sold out everywhere. They’ve been readily available for months. Curious what you guys are seeing across the broad spectrum of components.

TSAMP

WKR
I saw an email from boss shotshell telling me about a looming powder shortage. I jumped online and saw everything in stock.

So I did what I always do with online shopping. Left that tab open on the browser and continued to look at other stuff I won't buy.

I feel that it's a manufactured crisis to try and keep you in line so they can keep selling at inflated prices.

I know a TON of people who bought stuff during the last panic, and they are regretting those high price purchases right now as prices have come down considerably for a lot of reloading items..

CRJR45

WKR
Always try John first , great guy , just down the road from me ....

OP
longrange13

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Always try John first , great guy , just down the road from me ....
Right on, never heard of them before. Thanks! I will say I’ve noticed that google has retarded the search function for anything gun related. Seems like all the main sellers are shadow banned from coming up without specifically searching them.

CRJR45

WKR
Right on, never heard of them before. Thanks! I will say I’ve noticed that google has retarded the search function for anything gun related. Seems like all the main sellers are shadow banned from coming up without specifically searching them.
I get the same results , it seems the ones that pop up are the sites with the paid search function ? I'm not a internet expert , but the same sites pop up for me and have nothing in stock most of the time .

TxLite

WKR
He responded to my shotshell statement, so I presume he was talking about boss. But yes, the threads on powder, this is far less of a tangent than most.
I was responding to the comment about the looming powder shortage. There was just a price hike on powder

S.Clancy

WKR
If you've noticed, some powders have gone up a crazy amount. Cabela's has IMR 4350 for 75$ a pound and H4350 @65$.......

I got all my stuff bought, and picked up 6 cases of shotgun ammo (good lead and steel) at an average of 14$ a box, with shipping a month or so ago.

I'm about 10-12 lbs deep on the powder I need so I'll just watch the show.

Juan_ID

WKR
I am always looking just in case something pops up for a decent price but at this point just need to stop taking the time as it just doesn’t happen. I am sitting pretty good on components I’ll use for the 3 calibers I’ll be loading for so I’ll just watch as everything dries up after yet another couple price hikes.

I feel that it's a manufactured crisis to try and keep you in line so they can keep selling at inflated prices.

I know a TON of people who bought stuff during the last panic, and they are regretting those high price purchases right now as prices have come down considerably for a lot of reloading items..

At a long big box sporting goods, they wanted $70/lb for H4350! Way cheaper online even after you add shipping and hazmat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a long big box sporting goods, they wanted $70/lb for H4350! Way cheaper online even after you add shipping and hazmat
They still have a handful of 8#ers for $370 at my local big box store. I already bought a couple more kegs than I need but keep swinging through hoping some varget or H4895 friends show up to keep the h4350 company..

Prices are “up” or inflated but I can’t imagine them going down any time soon. Election is coming and people will pay these prices.

For this election cycle I’m planning to mostly shoot my .223 which I have plenty of components stocked up for

S.Clancy

WKR
They still have a handful of 8#ers for $370 at my local big box store. I already bought a couple more kegs than I need but keep swinging through hoping some varget or H4895 friends show up to keep the h4350 company..
Dang, there was Varget at the Scheels I swung by to snag my H4350.

It's also on Cabela's, 8lb for 438$....

Last edited: