2024 Idaho General Draw! 10 days until the MADNESS!

sasquatch

WKR
Yeah - I think they owe us an explanation on this one. I was at position 544. After 90 people had gone, there were 6 units sold out. How do 90 people buy 6 units worth of tags? I don't know how many diamond creek had this year, but in years past, there was at least a few hundred Diamond Creek A tags available. So 90 people bought those few hundred plus 5 other units???

By the time my number came up, there were 11 units sold out. So 543 people bought 11 units worth of tags?

I can tell you what they had, I luckily drew number 19 and was finally able to get the tag I wanted, and got in early enough and glanced at DC, when I got in I remember there being 313 tags left. Don’t know how many started out or were bought up in person but I specifically looked at several units and remember what DC had

Also, you can see the quotas online for each area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
It'd be easier to get a tag if every freaking influencer under the sun wasn't out there preaching "Oh you didn't draw a tag anywhere else....go to Idaho, they will welcome you with open arms."

An option that could potentially help would be to make the tags non-refundable. So many people buy them up in December and then return them later in the year when they get a more desirable tag somewhere else.

I don't have any problem with out of staters as I hunt out of state myself but I am tired of Idaho being considered the WalMart of the West when it comes to tags.

Kodiak06

FNG
Non Resident and not complaining about how system works/performed this year.

Anyone who wants a draw or points needs to put down the bottle. Day drinking is bad for you.

Idaho system isn't perfect. I would categorize system as a psudo draw. You get a number, it just may not be the one you want. In a real draw, you get a number but you just don't know what it is.

Supply outstrips demand by a mile. System stayed up this year. No other state has a system like it. And that is ok. Think about what will happen when CO caps NR's.

The tag opportunities today pale to what they were 20 years ago. But if we look forward to the next 10-20 years, we are still in the golden years.
Idaho's system is a joke. You're only referring to the online/phone process. There's also the portion where residents are soaking up tags for their buddys. The DAV tags require specific quals to for an individual to purchase one yet and non-DAV individual can buy tags for a non-res DAV which is funny. The system did fail individuals this year as there were lots of reports of people booted from the system. It doesn't matter now though, the new proposal on the table is a complete draw for residents which will probably pass. It will leave a lot of areas open after the draw though due to the number of unwanted unit hunts.

87TT

WKR
Ther is no proposal for a draw for "residents". And there will be a lot of unhappy NR if they do go to a draw.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Idaho's system is a joke. You're only referring to the online/phone process. There's also the portion where residents are soaking up tags for their buddys. The DAV tags require specific quals to for an individual to purchase one yet and non-DAV individual can buy tags for a non-res DAV which is funny. The system did fail individuals this year as there were lots of reports of people booted from the system. It doesn't matter now though, the new proposal on the table is a complete draw for residents which will probably pass. It will leave a lot of areas open after the draw though due to the number of unwanted unit hunts.
The only way anyone can buy a tag for a NR DAV is if that individual already has submitted the required documentation to the state of Idaho. You make it sound like anyone can just walk to and buy their buddy a DAV tag, when that is certainly not the case.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

LFC911

WKR
You would think that they could impose only being able to purchase for yourself or immediate family in person this December before it goes to a draw in two more years.

87TT

WKR
Not a done deal yet I think. IDFG doesn't want to change until they are forced to by

politicians .​