2024 Idaho General Draw! 10 days until the MADNESS!

IdahoBeav

WKR
The winning strategy won't work if you share them on the internet.....

It's worse than honey holes.
The system needs an overhaul, anyway. Maybe some here don't know, but the capped tag sales are not exclusive to nonresidents. We have our circus in July, and attempting to buy in person for that sale, naturally, is much more common than it is for the nonres sale. However, the frustration with the resident sale has been happening for much longer than it has in the nonres sale.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
DFG is a marketing genius! Make it tough to get in and everyone will think it is something special just to get a tag, any tag. Demand through the roof! Huntin hasn’t suddenly gotten any better or easier but now instead of everyone’s “backup” plan we are now the “in” place to go and the coveted tag. And totally stopped bitching about the price increase!

DFG is a marketing genius! Make it tough to get in and everyone will think it is something special just to get a tag, any tag. Demand through the roof! Huntin hasn’t suddenly gotten any better or easier but now instead of everyone’s “backup” plan we are now the “in” place to go and the coveted tag. And totally stopped bitching about the price increase!
Yep, there’s some tags definitely not worth the NR fees that get swooped up on “opening day”—the excitement and hype probably help them get sold

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
When you say sub 3000, do you mean under 100? Or is MTN BUM full of it? Or maybe top 20 unit? Just curious.
Not sure what motivation I had to be full of it, but I get the skepticism. Just making my comment about how this is essentially the least efficient draw system available on the plantet. I ended up with a decent deer tag and a mediocre elk tag.

ez_willie

WKR
Not sure what motivation I had to be full of it, but I get the skepticism. Just making my comment about how this is essentially the least efficient draw system available on the plantet. I ended up with a decent deer tag and a mediocre elk tag.
I was more questioning the other guy, with how slow the online line was moving I definitely don’t doubt what you said about being 175 in line and all those units selling out with what was going on with in person sales. I actually thought it was too efficient this year, didn’t even have time to get everything bought having someone first in line somewhere. Was a lot quicker than last year because of the computer systems keeping up.

Flyjunky

WKR
I can see both sides of the story in regards to go to a draw vs the current system. Every system has its good and bad but the only gripe I have with Idaho is that as a non-res I can't hunt there with my dad. I'm ok with that but being only 2 hours away from Idaho I'd like to at least be able to get a party app.

87TT

WKR
2 hrs? Just drive over and buy a tag or have your Dad buy it. I have bought my kids tags before. geesh!

Flyjunky

WKR
2 hrs? Just drive over and buy a tag or have your Dad buy it. I have bought my kids tags before. geesh!
2hrs from where I live doesn't mean I can just take off work for the day to get in line, or that I'll even be in town on that day. I was out of town for work again this year on Dec. 1, but I could have kept a computer screen open while at work.

I'm saying it would be nice to be able to buy a party tag using the computer system Idaho has set up.

Htm84

WKR
IMG_3538.jpeg

The power of scarcity… like Black Friday at Walmart

How fast did the crummy tags like the panhandle and lolo sell out?
At 2:15 Lolo A and B still had 15 or so tags each.
Snake river A, Boise river A, and Selway A had 1 or 2 each at that time as well.

The guy who had 44k and said nothing was left is not correct. I was logging in at 2pm as 80k+ and only taking 30 seconds of waiting to get in. Deer was sold out at that time, but there were still elk tags.

ez_willie

WKR
There are some pretty fool proof tips on getting any tag you want. I however will not divulge how to do so.
Glad you brought it up, I’m always willing to help my fellow roksliders…
A. Buy business with Brandt licensing computer
System.
B. Pay off business owner with access to Brandt
Licensing system. (Puts you first in line, for my
Slow roksliders.
C. Pay off outfitter that’s already paid off owner
Of business with license system.
D. Pay off commissioner that’s paid by outfitter
That pays business with license system.
E. Hack Brandt license system.
F. Pay someone to hack Brandt license system.

Let me know if I missed any thanks!

Glad you brought it up, I’m always willing to help my fellow roksliders…
A. Buy business with Brandt licensing computer
System.
B. Pay off business owner with access to Brandt
Licensing system. (Puts you first in line, for my
Slow roksliders.
C. Pay off outfitter that’s already paid off owner
Of business with license system.
D. Pay off commissioner that’s paid by outfitter
That pays business with license system.
E. Hack Brandt license system.
F. Pay someone to hack Brandt license system.

Let me know if I missed any thanks!
I think you missed:
G. Pay someone to write a script that will automatically run through the log in and purchase process on the licensing system.

MattB

WKR
Not to mention the hours of entertainment they have created for people who don't even participate in the process. Pure genius.