2024 CA Draw Resukts

I finally getting lucky with my pts.i drew unit 510 tag! I always wanted this hunt before I was too old. Prayers answered, so getting into shape and planning on doing a lot of shooting.

Azone

WKR
What zone are you putting in for? I drew my tag this year after applying for 25 years. Hang in there as they are increasing tule tags in some areas and some new areas for Rocky which are pulling more from the max point pool.
FHL.
Long odds but it would definitely be worth it.
I’m in the non resident pool now praying for the one elk tag that is allotted.

JFK

WKR
FHL.
Long odds but it would definitely be worth it.
I’m in the non resident pool now praying for the one elk tag that is allotted.

I’ve been out there a few times this year and there are some monster bulls. That would be such a dream tag.

Azone

WKR
I’ve been out there a few times this year and there are some monster bulls. That would be such a dream tag.
it’s definitely a dream tag. I know a few people who have drawn it and shot some decent bulls. Maybe one day I’ll get lucky.

I drew the archery tag for X6b this year. Anyone out there ever have the archery tag? Planning my scouting trips as I type this! Have read on a different forum that wolves may be a problem up there, anyone have experience with that?
As it goes for much of the state, buy a bear tag.

I have seen wolf tracks there, but not in the flesh. I have see lots of elk tracks and we have a couple elk on cameras, but not on the hoof either.

There's some good deer in there.

codell

FNG
As it goes for much of the state, buy a bear tag.

I have seen wolf tracks there, but not in the flesh. I have see lots of elk tracks and we have a couple elk on cameras, but not on the hoof either.

There's some good deer in there.
Do you know if the wolves are hanging on one side side of the zone? I was in the S + SE of it and didnt see any sign. Would just like to avoid the area they are in on my archery tag

Do you know if the wolves are hanging on one side side of the zone? I was in the S + SE of it and didnt see any sign. Would just like to avoid the area they are in on my archery tag
I've seen sign in that area. They're wolves, their home range is going to be larger than the whole unit combined. I wouldn't worry about them unless you have dogs with you.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
D6 again for me. Have 9 points now. The amount of points for certain zones has gotten out of hand. The zones are not wait 9 years good. But at this point I’m not going to dump them on a 5 point zone. D6 has a lot of bears if that interests you

180ls1

WKR
D6 again for me. Have 9 points now. The amount of points for certain zones has gotten out of hand. The zones are not wait 9 years good. But at this point I’m not going to dump them on a 5 point zone. D6 has a lot of bears if that interests you

How many bears are you seeing per day?

I already have both of my local deer tags (d16/a22) but have been thinking of heading north to shoot a bear. I have looked more at D8.

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the area. Usually good for minimum 2 a day. But If I see a bear I usually don’t see deer in that same general area for a while

jenkinsd

FNG
I plan on going to scout in a couple weeks, probably in the south and southeast portion. I was wondering if there are really that many usable roads or if the maps are showing more than what is really available

I plan on going to scout in a couple weeks, probably in the south and southeast portion. I was wondering if there are really that many usable roads or if the maps are showing more than what is really available
I live here in x6b. If you want you can contact me.