2024 Bugle Report

IMG_7855.jpegThis guy was chuckling at 0500 yesterday morning across the draw on the opposite ridge from where a buddy and I were walking a gated road. I cow called him through my bugle tube all the way down his ridge, through the bottom of the draw, and right up onto the road where we were. I didn’t rip a single bugle, just some sexy cow noises. My buddy stuck him at 20, then again at 60.

Yesterday was the first day I’ve heard any bull with some excitement after being up on the mountain for a week in north Idaho.

Geewhiz

WKR
View attachment 766518This guy was chuckling at 0500 yesterday morning across the draw on the opposite ridge from where a buddy and I were walking a gated road. I cow called him through my bugle tube all the way down his ridge, through the bottom of the draw, and right up onto the road where we were. I didn’t rip a single bugle, just some sexy cow noises. My buddy stuck him at 20, then again at 60.

Yesterday was the first day I’ve heard any bull with some excitement after being up on the mountain for a week in north Idaho.
Congrats to your buddy, that's a mighty fine bull.

That must be kuiu's new camo pattern? haha

Gapmaster

WKR
Hunted Northern CO 9/5-9/12 archery OTC. They were getting after it the 9 through the 12. Moved to Southern CO on a muzzleloader LE in a high point unit. Left this morning and it was crazy the last two days in the evenings especially. Heard 5 different bulls screaming their heads off in a small basin yesterday evening. Mornings were slow but the full moon wasn’t helping.

10ringer

WKR
Hunted Central CO 9/7-9/13 elevation 10-11k. Bugles were non stop from 4am-9am daily. Couldn’t get into bow range in the morning as the winds were too squirrely. Complete silence until 5:30 pm and then the Ripping would commence. 9/10 there were bugles every 30 seconds all day long between multiple bulls.
9/11 I found a bull piping off at 5:30 pm. Normally I would call him in but this time I let him do all the talking as I slipped into bow range. He was 1 of 4 Bulls. Two fighting, two calling. After beating up a small spruce this beauty passed by at 32 yards.
28e15aca4a0254082aff8e5f843c22e8.jpg