2024 Blacktail bucks

limpet

FNG
That’s really awesome, congrats!

Crazy cool buck limpet
Thank you. It’s pretty cool. She spotted this buck last year while we were backpacking which lead to us hunting this spot this year. She also spotted him for the shot. I gave her a dope for her rifle and we moved to some rocks so she could shoot uphill to him. It wasn’t a great position as far as comfort and she had to shoot sitting. He was working across a face I’m guessing to his all day bed and only stopped for a couple seconds quartering to us pretty hard. I told her to put it right on just shoulder and squeeze it off if she was comfortable. A split second later the rifle went off and I saw the impact exactly where I wanted it. He did a stumble run downhill 20-30 yards stopped as she was racking and finding him again. At this point the dog runs in front of the rifles so she grabs her collar and yanks her back in time for me to see him tip over maybe 10 seconds after the shot if that. It was a pretty cool experience for both of us. When we were cleaning him she decided she wants a shoulder mount so I caped him out and she carried the head cape and hams while I packed the shoulders plus all the other bits of meat and most of camp. She gritted it out and packed it all back to the truck 2.5 miles.