2023 Bird and Dog pics

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
We had to put down my old girl on Thanksgiving. We hunted in 8 states for 16 different species over 15 years. She was one of a kind. I’m blessed to have had the time with her I did. Take the time to run your dogs, hug them and give them extra treats.
1702774500551.jpeg
1702774558550.jpeg

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
Her first bird at three months old…she found it and froze solid (I don’t think you could call it a point even) she just froze! Shot the bird on the flush and she ran right over picked it up and brought it right to my feet! Just like that! This was her first time in the field with really nothing but obedience training. I’m so proud of her!

Attachments

• IMG_5674.jpeg
    IMG_5674.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5669.jpeg
    IMG_5669.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 46

Montucky

WKR
The Boys & I did grouse camp this year in the Seek 8 man…..we’re gonna make this a yearly ritual cause it was so much fun. 10yr old got his first bow kills & his little brother got to be there with him. Ace is slowing down but getting it done at 9yrs old. So much fun in the Timber…….IMG_7942.jpegIMG_7982.jpeg

The Boys & I did grouse camp this year in the Seek 8 man…..we’re gonna make this a yearly ritual cause it was so much fun. 10yr old got his first bow kills & his little brother got to be there with him. Ace is slowing down but getting it done at 9yrs old. So much fun in the Timber…….View attachment 643274View attachment 643278
My dog turns 9 in a couple weeks. I see him slowing down a little and it bums me out. We have been bird hunting every year since I got him.

redchinviking

Lil-Rokslider
I just met a drathaar across the street a few weeks ago. Junebug is my first Griffon but you could see the difference right off the bat.
Those draughts look just like Griffs. What's the difference between the breeds?

Very hard to tell a difference from afar but the drathaar’s are bit taller, more mass/muscular, bigger head, and I think maybe a bit more headstrong to go with it. More drive. I’ve been told this from owners who know both breeds well. Of course there are exceptions. They look very similar though and really are more alike than different. I’m very impressed with the griffon’s though…great family dog and very natural hunting dog. She’s 6 months now and it just gets better and better. She figures everything out if you just work with her a little bit. Hand signals, obedience, retrieves, points, she just aims to please and wants to learn. So happy with her.

I just met a drathaar across the street a few weeks ago. Junebug is my first Griffon but you could see the difference right off the bat.

Very hard to tell a difference from afar but the drathaar’s are bit taller, more mass/muscular, bigger head, and I think maybe a bit more headstrong to go with it. More drive. I’ve been told this from owners who know both breeds well. Of course there are exceptions. They look very similar though and really are more alike than different. I’m very impressed with the griffon’s though…great family dog and very natural hunting dog. She’s 6 months now and it just gets better and better. She figures everything out if you just work with her a little bit. Hand signals, obedience, retrieves, points, she just aims to please and wants to learn. So happy with her.
Thank you for the response, and my griff, Oscar, is a little over 2 1/2. He is an awesome dog, though we've had our challenges for sure. Wonderful family dog and gets along great with our 9 year old golden doodle, 13 year old cat, new golden doodle puppy, and new kitten. I know, I know, get a few more pets... I have 2 daughters, enuff said.

Anyways glad you're enjoying your pup and I know she will continue to improve if she's like Oscar.