2023 ANTELOPE MEAT POLE

Utah Limited Entry

Finally drew my Utah Antelope tag. Opening weekend spotted this buck headed to water and managed to slip down to him and trail him as he was leaving.

84 yds with the Hoyt

Did you blur the bow because it is some sort of prototype?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue Bay

WKR
First goat. 261 yards, 180 hybrid @ 2620 mv out of a 7prc. Wife shot hers at 400 yards. Bullet performed fantastically on both.

View attachment 608800
Congrats to both of you! I don’t want to highjack this thread, but how do you like your silencer? I’m considering getting one for my 6.5 PRC but admittedly haven’t put much research into them yet.

TxLite

WKR
Congrats to both of you! I don’t want to highjack this thread, but how do you like your silencer? I’m considering getting one for my 6.5 PRC but admittedly haven’t put much research into them yet.
Absolutely love it. I don’t shoot without one. The only downside is weight and adding length to the barrel, so I built this one with an 18” barrel and ordered the new silencerco scythe. But it’s nice for hearing protection as well as hearing impacts on animals and leaving other animals in the area undisturbed. The 3 does with this buck hung out next to him after the shot until they saw us walking over.

Last edited:

Rogue Bay

WKR
Absolutely love it. I don’t shoot without one. The only downside is weight and adding length to the barrel, so I built this one with an 18” barrel and ordered the new silenececo scythe. But it’s nice for hearing protection as well as hearing impacts on animals and leaving other animals in the area undisturbed. The 3 does with this buck hung out next to him after the shot until they saw us walking over.
Thank you for the info!

Rogue Bay

WKR
Wish I could take credit. My buddy is a really great photographer. We got him a great buck as well. I’ll let him know you appreciated the photo.
Please do! I love a good hunting photo but rarely get good photos myself. Usually I’m solo and always in a hurry to get the packing started. I need to start making time for better photos. This is great motivation!

I know the antelope forum isn’t the place, but I’d love to hear about the muskox in your profile pic. That’s high on my bucket list!

Vanstepm

Lil-Rokslider
That’s one of the best hunting photos I’ve ever seen! Great buck too! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Wish I could take credit. My buddy is a really great photographer. We got him a great buck as well. I’ll let him know you appreciated the photo
Please do! I love a good hunting photo but rarely get good photos myself. Usually I’m solo and always in a hurry to get the packing started. I need to start making time for better photos. This is great motivation!
im right there with you. My first instinct is to start caping and getting them loaded on my pack. He makes me stop and get some photos so I have the memories whenever he is with me.

And yeah man PM me with whatever questions you have about musk ox. Be happy to tell you what I know