2022 Sitka upper layering setup Traverse vs Mountain?

Converting back to Sitka after wearing First Lite for the last few years. I'm a little torn on an outer layer for a September Elk hunt in Colorado. I'm a fan of Merino wool for next to skin so I'm keeping a couple First Lite short sleeves but primarily I'll be in Sitka's lightweight merino long sleeve quarter zip, an ambient hoody and then either a Traverse Jacket or a Mountain Jacket. I have the Traverse jacket now but I'm thinking of returning it in favor of the wind protection afforded by the Mountain Jacket. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If you have the traverse, you know what it is. The mountain is great (needs a damn hood) but it has no insulation. It is wind and some precipitation (could be more with a hood) but is not going to keep you warm as the traverse. If also doesn’t weigh as much (it would only weigh a bit more with a hood). and it isn’t as bulky.

they are both great pieces (mountain would be better with a hood) and I use both but for different purposes.

PS - Sitka, put a damn hood on the mountain jacket.

I prefer the jetstream. It’s a little heavy but blocks the wind.
Man I Love my jetstream. I don't bring it elk hunting anymore since it's heavy- but it's my favorite shell by far. I make excuses to wear the darn thing it seems