2022 Nebraska Turkey success

blastro87

FNG
First time trip to Nebraska. Hunted the Pine Ridge region and man what an awesome experience. Took me a while to finally put up this post but better late than never right? I will say, for anyone looking for a Nebraska hunt, the rumors of less birds than the state advertises and unreal hunting pressure are true. Never have I seen so many turkey hunters in one place! That being said, hunting pressure is your best friend if you can learn it and use it as a tool. 3 of us successfully filled 2 tags each. We planned 7 days of hunting and left for home a day early. It was the hardest I've ever worked for a turkey in my life. They are there, and they can be killed. Like I said, if you don't know how to use hunting pressure as a resource and a tool, you might want to consider private land or something more...easy...As for the pine ridge area of Nebraska itself its beautiful. If your a flatlander like me, its a beautiful place to hunt amd will certainly give you a change of scenery and take you out of your comfort zone when it comes to gobblers. I would certainly consider doing the trip again in the future.

IMG_5724.jpg

Attachments

• 20220503_062750.jpg
    20220503_062750.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5621.jpg
    IMG_5621.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 16