2022 MULE DEER MEAT POLE

bgipson

FNG
My wife didn't have much time to hunt this season so we made the most of the 2 days she had and found a little 4 for her. 285 yards through the lungs and he tumbled all the way down from those rocks above. Still have my dad, brother, and maybe myself to go. 25 miles with thousands of vertical feet in the last week and I'm feeling it now that I've got a cold. Hoping I heal up so I can finish strong.
20220925_182524.jpg

bgipson

FNG
Well my deer season is basically done now. Got bucks for a best bud (post earlier), my wife (no pic that doesn't reveal too much about location), my brother, and my dad. Dad was hoping for a better buck but after 9 days in the mountains, he settled for this guy with character (and a busted leg from someone's garbage shooting). No way he was making it to the winter grounds much less surviving the winter we have coming here in Wyoming. Had a great 10 days in the backcountry and can't wait to do it all again next year. Now on to elk in a few weeks!
20221001_110807.jpgreceived_3359223844357036.jpeg

TheGDog

WKR
View attachment 456797
First trip out chasing this critters and it was an absolute blast. Montana general tag
Man.. being from SoCal I see these pics you guys post up of thee vast expanses of flat and think about how It's possibly easier to traverse the space in between you and them... but at the same I'm guessing can be much more physical to sneak up to bow range?? Is there a lot of belly crawl invovled when the terrain is so open lke that?

Man.. being from SoCal I see these pics you guys post up of thee vast expanses of flat and think about how It's possibly easier to traverse the space in between you and them... but at the same I'm guessing can be much more physical to sneak up to bow range?? Is there a lot of belly crawl invovled when the terrain is so open lke that?
The country was more broken than that pic alludes to. There were a couple stalks that involved crawling but for the most part it was just sneaking over the hill they were bedded against.

WyoHuntr

FNG
20221008_110211.jpgMy brother's 185" and my 168¼" Wyoming bucks. I used most of the season, but never saw the caliber buck that I was searching for. (.... until the damn day after my tag was filled when a 190+ jumped out from below a fishing hole nowhere near the backcountry... fml). I'd passed for two days on him, but i was low on time to move areas, and my body was run down from 100+ miles of deer and archery elk. I felt bad taking a character buck that would be a bruiser next year, but my freezer was empty and he was in a very convenient spot for a pack out. (FYI he tastes great!)

Weird season. Full moon and there were tons of deer out, weather hits and they go nocturnal.... the opposite of what it should be! Weird year for sure.

nphunter

WKR
View attachment 461906My brother's 185" and my 168¼" Wyoming bucks. I used most of the season, but never saw the caliber buck that I was searching for. (.... until the damn day after my tag was filled when a 190+ jumped out from below a fishing hole nowhere near the backcountry... fml). I'd passed for two days on him, but i was low on time to move areas, and my body was run down from 100+ miles of deer and archery elk. I felt bad taking a character buck that would be a bruiser next year, but my freezer was empty and he was in a very convenient spot for a pack out. (FYI he tastes great!)

Weird season. Full moon and there were tons of deer out, weather hits and they go nocturnal.... the opposite of what it should be! Weird year for sure.
I'd say your buck is older than your brothers, not all bucks grow big forks and frames, good job both of you!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman