2022 Blacktail Bucks

TripleJ

WKR
Awesome bucks everyone, keep 'em coming! My late archery tag starts Saturday, trying to decide whether to go hunt or cut up elk meat. I'll probably decide based on the weather.

ORHunter

WKR
Killed this buck yesterday. I’ve never seen him before and he came in chasing a doe. Shot him under 20 yards.

This was the second biggest buck I saw this season and my primer didn’t go off on Sunday on the giant! I about puked when the bigger buck just stood there.

I’m beyond thankful for this buck as he’s my biggest BT ever. They are such an addicting animal to pursue
I've been in your shoes when the primer fails. Congrats on a stud. I'll be down there next week looking for one just like that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rogue Bay

WKR
Killed this buck yesterday. I’ve never seen him before and he came in chasing a doe. Shot him under 20 yards.

This was the second biggest buck I saw this season and my primer didn’t go off on Sunday on the giant! I about puked when the bigger buck just stood there.

I’m beyond thankful for this buck as he’s my biggest BT ever. They are such an addicting animal to pursue
That’s a smoker! Congrats!

Rogue Bay

WKR
Daughter had a Oregon Youth tag. Was able to capitalize on this guy opening morning.
a382d54ea84b3481c037d8766a2689c9.jpg

0c9db00cdc2c4c3fcd100e57758fbcbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful buck and great photos! I love to see the kiddos getting it done! The smile says it all. Congrats to both of you!

Nice buck cascade ! And yep my Washington blacktail is up a ways on the list

Not sure how I missed that when I was scrolling through but what a stud! That fast and furious weather was what we needed to shake things up. I killed Oct 21 and just a few hundred feet up the hill snow was starting to stick. Made for a sketchy bike ride out in the dark.

landis07

FNG
Not sure how I missed that when I was scrolling through but what a stud! That fast and furious weather was what we needed to shake things up. I killed Oct 21 and just a few hundred feet up the hill snow was starting to stick. Made for a sketchy bike ride out in the dark.

Yes everything was way hot at dry so I headed high up to 5,000 ft elevation and hit the snow and life was good then ! Need to tie up one of these days and pass notes on high elevation blacktail hunting

The few days surrounding the 20th of Oct are my favorite days of blacktail rifle… I’m not sure of the exacts, but there is something about that timeframe, big bucks moving in daylight marking up areas.

Around here, and assume most western blacktail, that’s when they hit the willows making rubs. It’s slower hunting in that timeframe, but I have seen more truly huge bucks in the days surrounding the 20th

Usually late morning

The few days surrounding the 20th of Oct are my favorite days of blacktail rifle… I’m not sure of the exacts, but there is something about that timeframe, big bucks moving in daylight marking up areas.

Around here, and assume most western blacktail, that’s when they hit the willows making rubs. It’s slower hunting in that timeframe, but I have seen more truly huge bucks in the days surrounding the 20th

Usually late morning
100% agree. Late buck is a phenomenal season for filling tags but the big guys seem to be most killable on Halloween and the few days before

JasonWi

WKR
My last 2 years blacktails.. still haven't been able to crack that 135" mark. I won't shoulder mount another until I do.
These scored in the low to mid 120s

45f4be3800ab1cd79d1dd8b3a5a2e568.jpg
0980e208f25f5fd4526488e6daa32676.jpg
abcac9944deef6981019a5cd126bd514.jpg
06dade88be73d720ea3da1c8015e4610.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Those are both fantastic bucks! What seasons did you kill them in?

8F311781-9B86-4A22-A09A-8617D49C3740.jpegWashington Blacktail. Not my biggest but he had the biggest track on the mountain, probably one of the older bucks I’ve taken. Over 8” around the burl and over 6” bases etc. tracked him in the snow on the 26th of October. Fun hunt and lots of falling on the way out as I got another foot of snow that night. 5A3657D3-53FC-4470-8A6F-97125A84D85F.jpeg