2022 Blacktail Bucks

Marble

WKR
First archery animal ever for my wife. First shot was in the spine. Blazed right through it. The arrow shown was her follow up.
7aa42e33fc6123a156598e7f988f438e.jpg
fcfc580b7f5ec372a840bdb3a00f2ce7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this in the 2022 mule deer meat pole thread and am now posting it in the blacktail thread. California D3-5 opening morning rifle season. I am quoting WeiserBucks quote of my original post because I cannot figure out how to post anything other than a sideways photo. He was kind enough to fix it for me.

Nice start guys! (And ladies of course 😉) look forward to see the rest that are coming

I decided to get an archery tag this year and waited until the second to last day of early archery to buy my tag to make darn sure I didn’t kill a buck early season… had to pay a 25 dollar late fee because I didn’t trust my self control if I crossed paths with a nice buck early season, haha

Looking forward to November! I’m also excited that we get to focus on getting my wife a buck killed rifle season, hopefully we can find her a good one

Any Oregon bucks down yet?
I saw a couple pics of nice bucks killed yesterday, we were on the central coast and the weather was worst case for the blacktail opener… started off at 64 degrees blowing hard out of the east and just got hotter… reptiles were out good but deer activity was low

This morning we couldn’t see 50yds until about 10:30, totally socked in

We were kinda focusing on bear this weekend and the weather didn’t give us a break… we listened to a bear break branches out of a Chitum tree for quite awhile this morning but we couldn’t come close to seeing him and he left before we could see.

Pretty soon it will pick up, we do need some weather for a couple days, that would help a lot…

541hunter

WKR
Took my son out yesterday and saw 5 bucks but no opening day shooters. Biggest buck was a 17ish” wide 3 point.

My son and I camped out up in the cascades Friday night. We saw a few bucks Saturday morning but nothing worth shooting on opening day. Weather was hot and windy by 8 am.

I saw a couple pics of nice bucks killed yesterday, we were on the central coast and the weather was worst case for the blacktail opener… started off at 64 degrees blowing hard out of the east and just got hotter… reptiles were out good but deer activity was low

This morning we couldn’t see 50yds until about 10:30, totally socked in

We were kinda focusing on bear this weekend and the weather didn’t give us a break… we listened to a bear break branches out of a Chitum tree for quite awhile this morning but we couldn’t come close to seeing him and he left before we could see.

Pretty soon it will pick up, we do need some weather for a couple days, that would help a lot…
Same on the North Coast. I couldn't believe how hot it was opening weekend. It was close to 70 degrees by 9a where I was. NOT good blacktail hunting. Glad we have a month to get it done as it's my son's first deer hunt.

Same on the North Coast. I couldn't believe how hot it was opening weekend. It was close to 70 degrees by 9a where I was. NOT good blacktail hunting. Glad we have a month to get it done as it's my son's first deer hunt.
Agreed, it was a hot weekend with the East wind up here. Fwiw I had a couple forkys spar in a clearcut beneath me on Saturday around noon while I was sweating in the sun.

Wait till next year when the general rifle season is slated to be open until November 13th….

Yup. Well aware, we have about a 90% chance of drawing our EO muley tag in 2023. 2024 I will be buying a general any weapon tag instead of the archery tag.