View attachment 435848
The 2022 Best Buck Mule Deer Photo Contest by Kryptek
We're back! This is the 7th year of this contest and is bound to be the best.
Our friends at Kryptek have put up TWO prizes this year: Their new-last-year Kilsia Down Sleeping Bags. 1st and 2nd place will win a Zero Degree or a 15-Degree. These bags made our “Best of Rokslide Gear 2022 List” so we know the winners will by happy happy.
View attachment 435840
For 3rd place, winner’s choice of one of my books:
Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories
View attachment 435842
Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life
View attachment 435828
This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "Best Photo" contest. The winning 2022 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:
*to note you can't enter a photo for someone else. They must enter it themselves (per rules #4-6) , otherwise the guides and those with big families/friend circles would have better odds. There is a MEAT POLE thread for those images, and those not contest quality.
1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a buck harvested fair chase in 2022 or after December 10th of 2021--you must be able to prove date of harvest)
5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread
6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter your photo of your buck. One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each
7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kryptek use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation
8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.
If you want to see the 2021 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for, click HERE