2021 Stone Glacier clothing

Bcrawford

Lil-Rokslider
Do any of you have experience with both the DLite pants and the Kuiu Kutana stretch woven? How do they compare?

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
Do any of you have experience with both the DLite pants and the Kuiu Kutana stretch woven? How do they compare?
Pretty similar pant. Dlite feel maybe a touch heavier, don’t know what the actual numbers are though. DLite material might be a smidge louder, but still relatively quite to me. Similar athletic fit on both. No zippers on pockets of Dlites, I like that a lot. Knee pad sleeves on Dlites. Huge side zips really dump heat fast. I really like the Kutana, and I like the Dlites even more.

Throw the Sitka apex in there, pick one, you can’t go wrong.

Bcrawford

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty similar pant. Dlite feel maybe a touch heavier, don’t know what the actual numbers are though. DLite material might be a smidge louder, but still relatively quite to me. Similar athletic fit on both. No zippers on pockets of Dlites, I like that a lot. Knee pad sleeves on Dlites. Huge side zips really dump heat fast. I really like the Kutana, and I like the Dlites even more.

How do the cargo pockets compare?

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
How do the cargo pockets compare?
Size is pretty close, de havilland lite maybe little bit bigger. Kutana is mesh backed. Silent snap button on the de havilland lite.

not sure those pics helped at all 🤣. Gave it a shot

Attachments

• 830039B1-8F1F-4EB2-911A-32F4BAC4E0CA.jpeg
    830039B1-8F1F-4EB2-911A-32F4BAC4E0CA.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 74
  • B4F21260-604F-4029-BD08-28BD09F7D04A.jpeg
    B4F21260-604F-4029-BD08-28BD09F7D04A.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 72

How does the size through the thighs and hips compare? Tried ordering Kutana in a 34 and thighs wouldn’t allow full range of motion stepping up. Tried a friends 36 which was better but still a hair tight and waist was big enough it might bunch under a pack belt. Have the DeHavilland in large which fit well

archp625

WKR
I am hoping for the gaiters to come up before Middle of May. I want to be able to test them out on a 7 day backpack hunt at the end of May and be able to get back to everyone how they did.

Any insiders know when they are supposed to hit the website and about how much they will cost?

Sadler

WKR
I am hoping for the gaiters to come up before Middle of May. I want to be able to test them out on a 7 day backpack hunt at the end of May and be able to get back to everyone how they did.

Any insiders know when they are supposed to hit the website and about how much they will cost?
They put out a video the other day and they said May 1st is when they should be available for purchase. No mention of the price.

Last edited:
Were there any updates done in 2021 to the Dehavilland jaclet? Or is it identical to last years model?

Wapiti16

Lil-Rokslider
Were there any updates done in 2021 to the Dehavilland jaclet? Or is it identical to last years model?
I was hoping for some new color options..... Really been wanting to pick one of these jackets up. The gray color scheme is alright; not a fan at all of the green/tan. I wish there was a more neutral, earth tone option (like Pyrite in Sitka gear) for the woods, but I'll go with the gray if that's all we get.

That new Tarmac color for the SG DeHaviland Lite Pants would be PERFECT in the DH jacket. Somebody from SG read this please. Haha

Is the M7 suppose to be like the kuiu katana series? I thought I heard stone glacier was coming out with something similar.

No. It's a rain shell with a thin fleece backer. I don't think there is anything similar in the kutana lineup.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reached out to SG a month ago with specific product questions, never heard back. For those that have made purchases, is this typical?

Have been looking at the De Havilland pants and trying to figure out the size. I see that they can be adjusted up to 3 inches but when looking at their chart on the website the sizes are different versus on websites like Black Ovis and others?? I assume the SG webiste it correct - or did they change the size guide from 2020 to 2021?? Anyone know if that could be.

For the 2020 De Havilland pants it shows the large as 34 1/2" to 37", for the 2021 its 36 1/2" to 39'?? Does anyone know if they did change the sizing? Thanks!

I reached out to SG a month ago with specific product questions, never heard back. For those that have made purchases, is this typical?

I’d call them. They’ve been great to deal with in everything I’ve reached out about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the 2020 De Havilland pants it shows the large as 34 1/2" to 37", for the 2021 its 36 1/2" to 39'?? Does anyone know if they did change the sizing? Thanks!

Noticed the same thing which has kind of put me off from buying them, don't want to play a guessing game.

May be another year of Kuiu pants for me...

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'm a bit confused on the helio. It says the hoody is grid fleece now but are the pants as well? No pictures, no reviews

sr80

WKR
Have been looking at the De Havilland pants and trying to figure out the size. I see that they can be adjusted up to 3 inches but when looking at their chart on the website the sizes are different versus on websites like Black Ovis and others?? I assume the SG webiste it correct - or did they change the size guide from 2020 to 2021?? Anyone know if that could be.

I just got the DH lites and i usually wear 33/34 in sitka pants and the mediums i got were way too tight. So ill try larges but think theyre going to be too baggy in the legs for my liking.

rm06

WKR
I just got the DH lites and i usually wear 33/34 in sitka pants and the mediums i got were way too tight. So ill try larges but think theyre going to be too baggy in the legs for my liking.

I had the same problem but with the standard DH pant. The larges are comically large, and the mediums too small. I'm 6' 195, waist 33/34 as well.

I haven't tried any SG shirts/jackets but it sorta makes me want to avoid them. I've had the same SG Sky 5100 since 2016 though, I love it an it isn't going anywhere. I may finally upgrade the belt pouches this year