2021 Stone Glacier clothing

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Looks like new stuff out:
- improved fleece, now gridded. Same colors, but looks like coyote color got adjusted, which is a good chance.
- m7 series top and bottom (fleece lined and taped waterproof garment with softshell like face) in gray.
- casual fleece mid layer in gray and green.
- lighter version of DeHavilland pant, dirt/gray color.

New pieces look really good. Excited to see them in person. Already have my eye on those lite pants and updated Helio.

Of course they update it right after i get the helio top and bottoms for christmas...to be fair i like the stuff with no real complaints. Works well as a mid layer

It's annoying when a company rushes a product to market. Kurt has said grid fleece is significantly superior to the flat fleece the helio series initially came out with, so why not just do grid fleece from the start?

I do like the M7. Perhaps there is finally a contender to the Jetstream jacket as they claim it's 100% windproof and waterproof. I wonder how quiet it is.

I was told the gaiters are due end of Q1.

Pretty sure it does, they list it in the features/zippers where they list the YKK models. It is an interesting concept, looks kind of like a Kuiu Axis but with heavier fleece? The price seems pretty dang good if it is.
Looks good, though I do wish that M7 jacket had pit zips.
Pit zips on shells have pretty much become a deal maker/breaker for me.

Ordered the Helio.

Wish I would have known about the Lite pants as I just ordered some First Lite Corrugates. I love the regular DeHavillands but wanted something not quite as thinck.

I REALLY wish they'd offer the DeHaviland jacket in the same color as the new DeHaviland Lite pants. Thats perfect for blending in in a variety of environments. Not much of a fan of the current DH color options.

the m7 pants look sweet. hoping they're not too warm to be the only pant to bring/wear on sheep hunts. the kuiu yukon work okay for that, but they're not comfortable to wear without LJs. fleece backer in the m7 might help with that just as long as it doesn't make them too warm. hopefully Barney's stocks them soon, so I can get me hands on them.

Ordered a Helio

If someone gets those DH Lite paints, would love to hear how they compare to the DH from a cut/fit perspective.

Wish I had known they were coming out with gaiters....I just bought some OR Crocodiles last week......

Sure wish SG wouldn't have just switched to shipping USPS (while charging the same)....talk about a poor choice to save a buck.

Just got a pair of the DH lites today. They fit pretty similar to the regulars to me, but seem to be a bit more “fitted” down the leg. They seem like they are gonna be great.

Back