2014 Kifaru Nomad

wapitibob

WKR
You probably don't have to but they weigh nothing. Depending one your meat load size the GEN II might be a better/different option. I used the GEN II on a Bikini frame with one smallish dry sack for Antelope and it worked fine. Stuffed coat, gloves. etc in the GEN II as the day warmed up then pulled those out and stuffed the Antelope in it.
The Grab-It will keep anything from squirting out the btm. You can also attach it up high so the meat load is up like with the GEN II.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Just X the straps over the meat and tighten down the three compression straps.

Center Zip pack (High Camp 7000 with wings like Nomad and full length center zip bag). This was designed for extended mission military operations, guides and extended backpack hunts. It has a larger opening than a DT1 (same as High Camp 7000), but another 2400+ ci with wings like Nomad. It actually looks like the Stone Glacier a bit, as it has pockets to the left and right of center zipper for Tpod/walking sticks.

Is this the Big Daddy?

Is there a HC 7000 without the center zip and with the ole bat wings? Luv me some bat wings.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn you Aaron and kifaru! Just when I had settled on had finally come to a decision on a dt1, you go and do this and give me another option to consider.

dotman

WKR
Until you drink the water

While hunting I would think it would be compressed with the wings centered in your back. When fully loaded with camp hiking in I tend to not drink all my water on the hike in.

It never was an issue running it in the side pockets of my blue widow so I don't see thus being much of an issue.

Super Moderator
Staff member
While hunting I would think it would be compressed with the wings centered in your back. When fully loaded with camp hiking in I tend to not drink all my water on the hike in.

It never was an issue running it in the side pockets of my blue widow so I don't see thus being much of an issue.

Cool always had center mast hydration pouches

trdhunter

WKR
I was curious as to how far to the side would the batwings stick out with tripod,bladder,and spotter in wings with say backpouch or E&E in the middle with gear. Would this interfere with shooting my bow? Maybe I just need to call Aron, just cant decide to order t1,t2 now or to give this Nomad a try. Also I do not currently have any Kifaru pockets or pouches and I think I would need more than the stand alone Nomad. Would I be money ahead with t1 rather than buying pouches,etc for nomad? If money were no problem I would get both, and i think I eventually will end up with both. Wish the t1/2 had those large pockets on the side rather than slot pockets and I think would be perfection for me. Decisions, Decisions.

Ben

WKR
Looks great! I'm kind of hoping the Icon 1850 doesn't work out so I can pick up a Nomad!

Is there a timeline for when it will be up on the website?

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aaron I believe you said this would be better for use with a tree stand, were you just referring to carrying the steps or an actual climbing stand? Either way I'd like to see how this would work. Also how are you attaching your bow?

Last edited:

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
More of a "midwest" type question but would a tree stand fit in the center? Are the wings long/wide enough to go around a tree stand? It would be cool to see a photo of that.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In middle of 20 mile loop.

Will reply when finished.

Anyone see where the oxygen went?

Off I go....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387664044636.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387664044636.jpg