e7a4ageq.jpg

Never again in one trip
9uzude3e.jpg

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to all.

Here is My first elk from a couple weeks ago:

u3y5yhy3.jpg

Doubled up with my buddy 1 hour and 50 yards apart.

a3yranyz.jpg

150 yard stalk
52 yard kneeling shot
Double lung complete pass through
Helix 125 gr broadhead - lodged in a downed tree after the shot
Bull flipped over and died within 20 yards

ume4e8un.jpg

Both kills are on camera.

Rudy

Jager

WKR
More success, well done boys.

LT, maybe the hunters are going for tenderstretch hanging when they get out of the field, I know I much prefer it on a quick hunt.

weaver

WKR
You know the bones come right out of those things....
I was solo in grizzly country after dark so i opted to load it up and get it out asap.

Weaver , that looks like a grab it and a highlander on a bikini ? How did you like it ?

It worked very well. The highlander is heavily modified. Maybe ill start a thread sometime to show how i use it. Dont really want to go too off topic in this thread.

chindits

WKR
sorry for the point creep

Sorry for the point creep boys. I re-activated my reserve status in 06 and was OIF 08-09 and OEF 10-11 and in the bullpen until I retired from the green machine this year. I have been off the hunt for 1/2 a decade so I had some points to burn.

P1020889.jpg

chindits

WKR
Mtnrchr thank you, I was very fortunate. That is a CO elk from a draw only GMU that DOW says holds a lot of elk but it is not known for trophy bulls. I actually agree with them. I only saw one other good bull in the 330 range and the rest of the mature bulls were in the 280-320 range. I have been scouting that area since my R+R leave in 2010.