2012 antler growth.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been seeing some good growth on the whitetails here in SD. The mild winter helped out the herd as well as their antler growth! I have seen this with mule deer as well. What is everybody else seeing?

Reflex

FNG
Haven't been doing much scouting, but I put a camera out towards the beginning of May and then checked it a week and a half ago. I had a few bucks with all about the same amount of growth. I'm sure they have really started putting the growth on since. I have seen a few others with trail camera pictures with considerable growth already. Hopefully it will be a good year!
579393_10150841446762352_2106626693_n.jpg

OP
Jared Bloomgren

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow! I am out doing some scouting....talk about awesome antler growth for it being only June! Two bucks that I just looked at already have 5 points per side! It is going to be a great year for big antlers! They still have 2 month of growth left!!

Lukem

WKR
I saw a couple bucks while on my ride tonight that are going to be studs. One was already P&Y, with g4s already growing and all the points still clubbed out, alot left to go. Never seen that much growth on June 13th. The other one was about what you might expect this time of year, but still a great buck. I'll see if I can't get pics over the next week or so.