2011 Ram 1500?

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Checking for suggestions. I have 2011 Ram 1500, and the 4wd service light comes on when the vehicle has sat for awhile. Some online research suggested it maybe the actuator, so I installed a new one and it still does the same thing. Once the vehicle is warmed up I can turn the truck off and when I turn it back on the light is off and the 4wd works fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I have had to replace the wheel speed sensors on my 2012 multiple times. It's been a few years back since I last did it, I cant recall exactly what all lights came on when the sensor failed.

I also think I have something weird going on with a bad wire or maybe water getting into a connection somewhere. Sometimes the headlights turn themselves on with the switch in the off position, sometimes the 4WD light comes on then just randomly goes off. Preliminary research pointed me towards the wire or water issue

dtrkyman

WKR
To clarify my 4wd and everything worked fine, the service 4wd and several other warning light came on.

Got stuck having to drive 20 ish miles on a clay/gravel road in a storm, mud packed up so bad in the wheel well and suspension it wore through that wire and rubbed some holes in the cv boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad for corrosion in the connector for 4wd actuator/motor on tcase. Also aftermarket new or reman actuator motors for tcase are sketchy. Have had a number bad out of the box.
Could be alot of other things, but that's most common thing I've seen on them

OP
A

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies fellas. Gives me a few more things to check out. Just seems odd once the vehicle warms up for a little bit I can turn the truck off and then back on and everything runs as should. Only comes on if the vehicle sits for several hours.

dtrkyman

WKR
Could be something with a ground somewhere with strange things going on, look for a bare or corroded wire.