20 or 25 MOA solution for Howa Mini

atmat

WKR
Curious how this works out, as that scope is limited to 4.8mils of travel by the turret, not by the internal adjustment—a rail may allow you to utilize all 4.8mils if you cant already, but I do not believe it will allow you to spin that turret past 4.8 regardless. Perhaps the shallowest rail you can get and a 200 yard zero would optimize the setup if you need to ahoot past 600?
I think his goal was just to get his 4.8mils back. That will take you quite a ways in the mountains.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Curious how this works out, as that scope is limited to 4.8mils of travel by the turret, not by the internal adjustment—a rail may allow you to utilize all 4.8mils if you cant already, but I do not believe it will allow you to spin that turret past 4.8 regardless. Perhaps the shallowest rail you can get and a 200 yard zero would optimize the setup if you need to ahoot past 600?

That's exactly what I am looking for. I was hitting the bottom of the scope travel at 1.3 Mil with a 100 yard zero so couldn't use the entire 4.8 Mil of potential turret adjustment. The 20MOA rail should move me 5.8 Mil up in the overall travel allowing me to get the full 4.8 mil from the turret.

I'll be able to verify that this week sometime.