2 weeks from desert sheep opener.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
He fits the profile of a TV hunter.

He might be missing a real opportunity.

I thought a videographer was in the works for this hunt? Wasn't someone lining that up? Were they lost in the hurricane?

I'd have gone but no campaign was started by the fundraising committee.

I'd still go; I have my gear packed, watched 14 peaks on Sunday, and 02 cannisters are ready to go.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
7xd7hf.jpg

I'd have gone but no campaign was started by the fundraising committee.

I'd still go; I have my gear packed, watched 14 peaks on Sunday, and 02 cannisters are ready to go.

I mean, I don't think it's hard to figure out where to go.

I'll pitch in $20 for fuel to get there.

You could document the hunt, be a different perspective instead of just the hunter's side of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCougar

WKR
Okay, so I reached out to the artist formerly known as @PSEMaSomethingSomething and he refuses to come back to Rokslide on principle, and he is a principled man. He did however, allow me to post HARD PROOF his exploits to show the haters. Without further ado:

Day 1: Easy hike. Started below sea level. Base camp was at 12,800, but I packed 13,000 vertical. Immortal.
IMG_3217.jpeg

Day 2: started scouting. Epic. Hurricane HIT. Mountains flooded. Biblical. Water all the way to the peaks. The weak took the easy way. Drowned. Made a raft of human corpses to survive.
IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

Day 3: hiked back down to truck in Death Valley. Below sea level. Wanted a little Debbie oatmeal pie and Zebra Cake. hiked back up. 13k again. Bad ass. Crazy hiking skillz need the nutrition. Feed the beast.

IMG_3229.jpeg

Resized_20230830_084343.jpeg

Day 4: saw first Ram. Big boy. 30” rack. Totally focused on him. Got my .270. Ready to go.
IMG_3212.jpeg

Day 5:
Spotted ram on opposite peak with trusty Simmons Spotter. 2 miles away. Counted rings. At least 15. He’s in range, but I want to be closer. Drop down to the bottom, at least 14k vertical. Hike back up. Carry guides pack. Weak sauce. I tripped on a corpse of weak hunter and dropped rifle right on my Leupold. No worries. Rattles just like normal. I know that rattle. Did a stalk. Started at 8am

Day 6: finished stalk at 7am. 23 hours of crawling in 60 foot drifts. No rust on 270. Totally good. Easy day. Got to within 300 yards. Dropped the hammer. gave two warning shots. Out of respect for the old warrior. Antlers are huge in this ram. Snuck to 120 feet. Ranged him twice to be sure. No dope. I know my drops for 120 feet by heart. Third shot I actually aimed. Hit him twice. Perfect shots. He is a stud. Tapes out to 459 inches! Already submitted to P&Y
IMG_3214.jpeg

Day 7: looked at what I did, and it was very good. Rested. Just like God.

Day 8: started pack out. Got charged by a grizzly. Charged at 12 yards. Shot him in the face 8 times. Bullets all bounced. Dropped him with the old 270. One heart shot.
IMG_3211.jpeg

Day 9: started deer scouting. Stay tuned. Huge bucks!

Last edited: