$1000 or less Binoculars

jimh406

WKR
I have 10x and 12.5x Tract Torics. They are quite a lot better than my Monarch 7s as soon as the light reduces. Tract sells direct to consumers, so you won’t find them in a store. They say that’s what allows them to sell them cheaper.

I suggest buying from Amazon or similar and do a comparison as long as free returns are an option.

I have the leupold bx4 pr guides in 10x42 and like them a lot. I do not have experience with super high end glass but they work well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
I upgraded from some old monarch X's, went with maven b1.2's. couldn't be happier with them. I considered the Zeiss conquest but the mavens felt better in my hands. Also if you're a vet they give a good discount.

What about in a 10x42? Also what do you think about the Maven B1.2 vs Nikon Mon HG?
8x vs 10x is really all about preferences - to me it comes down to the environment I’ll be using them in most often. If mostly hunting in the deer woods I’d definitely go with the 8x. If mostly using them on a tripod, picking apart landscapes then the 10x wins.

Maven B1.2 vs Monarch HG - let me start by emphasizing the Monarch HG is a completely different class of binocular compared to the M5, M7, etc. I’ve owned both the B1.2 and HG and had them side-by-side in 8x42. To me, the B1.2 attempts to push the laws of physics by trying to get maximized light transmission, and max FOV in such a short focal length. I found the image to be overall quite good, but it just seemed a bit sterile and not quite as saturated as the HGs. The B1.2 build quality is superb and a bit more rugged than the Nikon, and Maven has a much better warranty. I ended up keeping the Nikon and returning the Maven. They just worked better for me in a forested environment. But if looking for a 10x, the Maven B6 in 10x50 is amazing and my favorite from their entire lineup.

Also, the FOV is something to pay attention to when considering an 8x or 10x version. For example, the Zeiss Conquest is 345ft in 10x (which is very competitive) but only 384ft in 8x (a bit narrow by today’s standards).

Folks here have provided a pretty good list of high performing options, but if considering a Nikon I would only recommend the HG

OP
EddieNel

EddieNel

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up buying the Nikon HG's from a forum member on here. They were in new condition. So far the little I have used them I like them a lot and will be perfect for my hunting style. I also like the fact that they are really light weight compared to my Brutons. Thank you all for the great feed back.

Eddie

4th_point

WKR
I really like the HG.

I had the HG, Conquest HD, and Tract UHD all in 10x42 configuration. The HG were stunning to my eyes, and I preferred them over the other two.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
For that price point I highly recommend Leica Trinovids. I have a pair of 8x42's that I paid under $900 for back in 2018. They are great. I recently add a pair of Swaro EL 10x42's, and they are better, but for the price point the Leica Trinovids are really excellent.

tony

WKR
I bought a set of Kowa BD 2 XD 10x42 from Doug
First real use recently at Acadia National Park. I know nothing about optics, told Doug what I wanted to do and he recommended these. For less than $500.00 I am thrilled with them