100-120 liter backpack as a small duck decoy bag?

So I do alot of walk in duck hunting. Most decoy bags ride too low and smack your back side. The mesh doesnt last long. I want a large backpack that can carry 6 duck decoys, small foldable chair, some silouette goose decoys, ammo and etc. I see 100 to 120 liter packs online. Will they work for me? What would you suggest? I know the prices are all over the place. I don't want junk but also don't need the top of the line thousand dollar backpack. I will use it probably 20 times a year. Thanks.

taybou

FNG
Not exactly answering your question, given this is may be a "top of the line thousand dollar backpack". I use my Seek Outside Fortress 6300 to duck hunt when I'm going more than a mile. it's worked great, and is reasonably water resistant. The main challenge I've found is backpacks aren't comfortable wearing most waders, so I haven't found quite the right setup for long walks in waders.

No complaints other than wishing I had the newer fabric that's more waterproof and lighter.

OP
J
Thanks for your reply. 6300 cubic inches would be about 100 liters. Does it work size wise for you, for duck hunting? They are pricey. I am a newb when it comes to packs. I was looking at one and thought that is not a bad price. It was just the pack no frame. 🤣 thanks again

I bought something like this, used it hard this last season and it’s been holding up. I can put about 18 mallard decoys, my chair and the dogs platform inside. Along with a few smaller items like shell boxes and what not on top. Gun strap works decent as well, I got it for solo walk in duck hunting when I have the dog so I can handle the dog on a leash easier if I need to

It’s gonna be wayyy cheaper than a framed backpacking pack for hauling decoys, I wanna say I paid like $80 for it

4c9f50bb43d15c7153d0024e2d0e087a.jpg

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
THIS is the route I went for walk in duck hunting. I will strap a 12-slot duck bag to it oriented vertically. In that will be 8-10 floaters, mojo, small gear shoulder bag and some extra insulation layers.
I strap in a folding chair between the frame and the decoy bag. Can also strap the shotgun to the bag or just carry that.