10 degree quick disconnect

surso

FNG
Couldn't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. What does a 10 degree quick disconnect for your stabilizer actually do vs a standard quick disconnect? Does the 10 degree angle make it easier to quickly assemble/disassemble?

I believe it's for a lower cog, helps stability. You can also tweek them side to side unlike a straight mount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
Adds stability on another axis, makes it harder to can’t your bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I believe it's for a lower cog, helps stability. You can also tweek them side to side unlike a straight mount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
+1
c.png

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Generally with a 10 degree disconnect you will find that the bow settles somewhat faster. On bows with very high let off when you hit full draw the bow has a tendency to want to waggle left and right. The lower center of gravity will settle that waggle down a second or two faster.

Novy

FNG
You probably won't see much difference in stability with most hunting stabilizer lengths unless you are running quite a bit of weight on the front. Mostly used for target long bars. But I do use them to kick my stab out to offset quiver weight. Looks funny but it does give me just a little more level to my bow.

Generally with a 10 degree disconnect you will find that the bow settles somewhat faster. On bows with very high let off when you hit full draw the bow has a tendency to want to waggle left and right. The lower center of gravity will settle that waggle down a second or two faster.

This is pretty much the quickest & simplest explanation, honestly haven't tried a 10° on a hunting setup as I usually run a ton of weight and longer bars than "normal" for hunting...but all of my indoor & 3D freestyle setups have 10° QD's for reasons stated above.

I put a 10 degree disconnect with a 12in stab on my vxr and I noticed that it held better and I could get on target quicker. Very glad I tried it