Zero Range

What zero does everyone use to be consistent from 25yds to 100yds, maybe up to 150-175.
Shooting 295gr pb T7 FF 95gr by vol
1x scope.

Rich M

WKR
I shoot mine at 100 for zeroing, further shots are for seeing where it hits at those ranges.

Had a good shooting load go haywire on me last year and made do with some sabots and was happy to have 4 inch group at 100, shot deer at 40 yds.

Gonna try and get her shooting good again this year. 110 gr T7, federal primer, 250 gr FTX in crush rib sabot. Was shooting clover-leafs and then went to 8 inches. Gonna try a diff scope too. We can use magnification down here.

AC300win

FNG
Similar set up and I’m rolling with a 150 zero but shooting Barnes spitfire tmz’s. 2-3 inches high at 50 and 100 yards

150 yd zero, but that's because I can't bring the rear sight on the Williams Western I'm using any more without the slide base coming out of contact with the mount base. Don't want to shim the front either.

Shoots 2" high at 100 and 4" low at 175.

Hnthrdr

WKR
150 yd zero, but that's because I can't bring the rear sight on the Williams Western I'm using any more without the slide base coming out of contact with the mount base. Don't want to shim the front either.

Shoots 2" high at 100 and 4" low at 175.
Had this issue as well so I am going to try using an older ace in the hole base instead of my western base, which I was almost backed off of entirely. Just a pain since now I need to re-zero

Had this issue as well so I am going to try using an older ace in the hole base instead of my western base, which I was almost backed off of entirely. Just a pain since now I need to re-zero

I've read where others have used the factory dovetail base that came with their rifle to get more elevation adjustment range.

I just don't want to re-zero either 🤣

Hnthrdr

WKR
I've read where others have used the factory dovetail base that came with their rifle to get more elevation adjustment range.

At least I’m using T7 I don’t think I could afford to with Blackhorn 209… let alone find some

I'm using a 100 yd zero but limited with open sights in Colorado. I don't worry about accounting for trajectory closer than 100 at all when hunting. That zero puts me 5" low at 150 and 12" low at 200, so not hard to hold over on a deer sized target out that far, and I'm not shooting any further than that with the open sights and muzzleloader trajectory.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
I zeroed at 150 yards last year with open sights for my NV elk hunt. I figured it would be a dead hold from 1-200. I shot my bull at 190 yards and put in a second one in him at 230 yards. It worked out well.

cnelk

WKR

Try using one of those floppy thin refrigerator magnets under the rear sight.
You can cut them to size, drill holes thru them, they won’t rust, flexible and are just about perfect thickness