Zeiss scope rings- good quality?

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Please tell me about your Zeiss scope rings. How is the quality? Is the black finish durable or does it mar or scratch easily? I like the looks of the design as it appears that all corners and edges are soft contours. Tell me what you don’t like about them if anything. Thanks.

rlp10ml

FNG
If you are thinking about buying them, buy them! They are excellent rings. I have them on an Encore smokeless muzzleloader and have ZERO complaints. Like you mention, all edges and corners are all countoured, they have a built-in bubble level also. There is not a single mark or scratch on mine after hunting all season with the gun so yes, they have an extremely durable finish as well. Nothing I don't like about them... Hope this helps.

GS66

FNG
I'm a dealer for Tier-One in Canada, and these Zeiss rings are made by Tier-One for Zeiss. They are some of THE highest quality rings on the market, bar none. Everything is made in-house by Tier-One in the UK, including the screws. There's NOTHING sourced from China on these mounts. You can buy them knowing you'll get super quality rings. I can vouch for Tier-One's products.

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a dealer for Tier-One in Canada, and these Zeiss rings are made by Tier-One for Zeiss. They are some of THE highest quality rings on the market, bar none. Everything is made in-house by Tier-One in the UK, including the screws. There's NOTHING sourced from China on these mounts. You can buy them knowing you'll get super quality rings. I can vouch for Tier-One's products.
This ^, as stated above they are as high quality as the best made. Tier one is literally a tier one product in quality. Personally I like t1 better than the spuhr’s I have.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
@rlp10ml , @Mangata , & @Xycod ….. any problems with the finish “chipping” or coming off around the screw holes when the screws were torqued down? I recently read an account of this somewhere but of course you never know how many times they might have been torqued down, removed, & reused or otherwise abused.

rlp10ml

FNG
@rlp10ml , @Mangata , & @Xycod ….. any problems with the finish “chipping” or coming off around the screw holes when the screws were torqued down? I recently read an account of this somewhere but of course you never know how many times they might have been torqued down, removed, & reused or otherwise abused.
I cannot speak for the others but as I stated, mine still look brand new after hunting with them all season. Absolutely no marks or scratches or chips at all...

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
Unblemished after a full season of hunting as well.
Just ordered the Tier One tactical rings last night for a new build…

Outwest

WKR
Zeiss rings are solid. No issues with them. the integrated bubble takes a minute to get dead nuts but once its set, they are not moving. No issues with marring the scope body either.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks, all. I bit the bullet & ordered a set this afternoon from Cabela’s. Not my first retailer /seller choice but they had them. I used a $10 off code & also got free shipping so that made the decision to buy from them. 30mm lows & that’ll likely be real close on my measurements for just high enough.

rlp10ml

FNG
Thanks, all. I bit the bullet & ordered a set this afternoon from Cabela’s. Not my first retailer /seller choice but they had them. I used a $10 off code & also got free shipping so that made the decision to buy from them. 30mm lows & that’ll likely be real close on my measurements for just high enough.
You won't be disappointed. Report back to us and tell us what you think when you receive them.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
You won't be disappointed. Report back to us and tell us what you think when you receive them.
Well bummer. 👎 Got an email from Cabela’s about hour and a half ago saying “Unfortunately, this item is not available. You were not charged for this item as it did not ship. We apologize for any inconvenience.” I’ll start looking for the rings elsewhere.

rlp10ml

FNG
OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
We sell a ton of these rings, the fit and finish is very top tier quality. I do not think you will be disappointed. Believe it or not the low will fit a lot more like a medium height. I might even have an open box pair 30mm floating around if you need some. I'll make you a great deal on them.
@Happy Antelope , Welcome to the rokslide!

Last edited:
OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like they’re $199 most everywhere online.

Shipping $ from online retailers is getting ridiculous for small items like this. I ordered a pic rail from a well known manufacturer & seller about a week ago & shipping was $13.25. They sent it in a full size USPS Priority envelope . Ridiculous. It could’ve been put in a small padded envelope & mailed for a lot less I imagine.

rlp10ml

FNG
Looks like they’re $199 most everywhere online.

Shipping $ from online retailers is getting ridiculous for small items like this. I ordered a pic rail from a well known manufacturer & seller about a week ago & shipping was $13.25. They sent it in a full size USPS Priority envelope . Ridiculous. It could’ve been put in a small padded envelope & mailed for a lot less I imagine.
Google --- " Red Hawk Rifles Coupon Code" and you can usually get a coupon for free shipping. The last 3 times I ordered from them I was able to get the free shipping no problem. Hope this helps.

OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Google --- " Red Hawk Rifles Coupon Code" and you can usually get a coupon for free shipping. The last 3 times I ordered from them I was able to get the free shipping no problem. Hope this helps.
Thanks! Yes, it would. I’m cheap! 😆