Zebra light

rbljack

WKR
Im following this one too. I have one with the two AA batteries, but not sure which model. I want a second one for stupid bright hiking use and blood trailing...but still be back up for the other one which will be used for camp and general chores.

OP
S

Short on cache

Lil-Rokslider
I would use it for all around use. Occasionally coming out of the mountains in the dark but mostly camp usage. Id really prefer something that has a decent flood beam for general use but can easily swap to a bright spot for picking a route down a mountain.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Im following this one too. I have one with the two AA batteries, but not sure which model. I want a second one for stupid bright hiking use and blood trailing...but still be back up for the other one which will be used for camp and general chores.

I would look at the 600w. Its an awesome light when looking for blood/animal or in treacherous hikes out in the dark.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I would use it for all around use. Occasionally coming out of the mountains in the dark but mostly camp usage. Id really prefer something that has a decent flood beam for general use but can easily swap to a bright spot for picking a route down a mountain.

I would look at the 52fw. It's the one I use 99% of the time. It's a pretty good spot with enough flood. I always use Neutral white. The cool white hurts my eyes after awhile.

I have been looking into these also. Really don't want to add ANOTHER battery into the mix, especially rechargeable. How do the 2)CR123 models perform? Thanks

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I have used the H32w and and the 302w both worked great.

I will say, I fought the 18650 batteries for a long time. Now there is no way I'm going anywhere without the 600w and those batteries. All it takes is one marginal hit on an animal or getting cliffed out in the dark, going from 200-300 Lumens to 1000+ is a game changer.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
I also have the H600w Mk II XM L2 with the 18650 battery as well. It was a little tough for me to swallow the price plus the price of the rechargeable batteries and charger but man it's an impressive light. I've been very impressed with the output of the 18650 batteries, they last a long time and can handle some serious output. I got a two pack so I'll always have a spare battery on every trip but one charged battery will get me through almost any trip I can think of. I'd recommend them over the CR123's personally but that's just my take. I'm looking at getting an AA model with more of a flood pattern for general camp use but I don't regret the purchase of the H600 at all.

If I go on a 2 week wilderness hunt I take my Zebralight loaded with a single 18650 battery, and one extra battery. I have never needed the extra battery. I have a Fenix handheld which runs on an 18650, and the output is superior to CR123.

I have used the H32w and and the 302w both worked great.

I will say, I fought the 18650 batteries for a long time. Now there is no way I'm going anywhere without the 600w and those batteries. All it take is one marginal hit on an animal or getting cliffed out in the dark, going from 200-300 Lumens ot 1000+ is a game changer.

Ok, got my attention. I have two needs. One is blood trailing and foot travel where I will buy the floody from Rokslide. The other is canoeing in to my bow stands. Need bright spot with distance since I use a 3HP and am cruising pretty good and need to avoid hazards. What model for that? Thanks

I also have the H600w Mk II XM L2 with the 18650 battery as well. It was a little tough for me to swallow the price plus the price of the rechargeable batteries and charger but man it's an impressive light. I've been very impressed with the output of the 18650 batteries, they last a long time and can handle some serious output. I got a two pack so I'll always have a spare battery on every trip but one charged battery will get me through almost any trip I can think of. I'd recommend them over the CR123's personally but that's just my take. I'm looking at getting an AA model with more of a flood pattern for general camp use but I don't regret the purchase of the H600 at all.

Any advice on quality 18650 batteries and a quality charger for them? Brand/model?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Ok, got my attention. I have two needs. One is blood trailing and foot travel where I will buy the floody from Rokslide. The other is canoeing in to my bow stands. Need bright spot with distance since I use a 3HP and am cruising pretty good and need to avoid hazards. What model for that? Thanks

I would get the H600w. I tested it on a football field in the dark you can see from goal post to goal post. I really need to do a video on these. We will have the H600w in stock next week.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Any advice on quality 18650 batteries and a quality charger for them? Brand/model?

Like kevin said there are lots of good batteries. Just make sure you get the 3400 mah not the 2600 mah. I've used a thrunite charger for thousands of charges

I have used the following batteries,

zebralight
thrunite
nitecore
tenergy

I did only get 5 charges out of one nitecore but they warranted it. The thrunite is a little longer than the others which could give you issues with some applications but work fine with zebralights. I mainly just use thrunite and zebra batteries now.

Small size difference
3cc72510e52204b260f09f8d31c5cef9.jpg

Last edited:

twall13

WKR

I went off the recommendation of some fellow Roksliders on another thread and went with Orbtronic 3400 mAh 3.7V batteries and an xtar charger The charger is nice as it has a digital display to show you how far the charging is in the process.

I got them in a bundle on amazon but my computer is being wonky and won't let me link to that bundle. I've been happy with them. Rokslide sells some quality 18650 batteries on their store as well.

huntinrod

Lil-Rokslider
You will love the Xtar combo. I have it. Also have the h600w ...awesome light!