Zamberlan Tofane Toebox vs. 996

SloppyJ

WKR
Thought I might ask before I take the plunge. I have no where to try these things on prior to purchase. I was in San Deigo earlier this year and stopped at a REI just to poke around. I tried on a pair of Lowa Caminos and they had some Zamberlan 996s too. The Lowas seemed to fit my foot a bit better and didn't have any heel slip at all. They were actually super comfortable. The Zamberlans had some heel slip and the front of my foot felt very cramped. I could tell that they would benefit greatly from a hefty break in period. It sure seemed like they had a much better build quality than the Lowas though.

I'm looking for an all leather uninsulated boot and I came across the Zamerblan Tofane. I really like everything that I can find about it and have decided I think I'd like to try a pair. I've read reports saying that it had a generous toe box which is not how I'd describe the 996s so I was wondering if there is a difference between the two? If you happen to have experience with both, are there any sizing differences to consider?

Thanks!