Your shortest recovery

Mish-pop

FNG
I doubled lunged my first srchery buck and he ran like a bat out of hell through a sorgum field. Just crashed about a hundred yards away in a little bowl. Couple others were a little farther but in open country and could keep an eye on them even with complete pass through.

I feel like I'm late on page 3 but I'll post and read the first two pages tomorrow.

I've had a couple short ones, spined a big spike and he just dropped so that's obvious. Did

I walked up on an 8 point sound asleep, thought another hunter had killed him but just standing there looking at him I saw his ear twitch. He was laying down with body twisted sideways so I put a Slick Trick slipped in under the top of one of his shoulders and came out the bottom of the other side. He jumped up and made two large hops and that was the end.

Another interesting one. I shot an Aoudad and he spun away from me into the water and sank like a rock. I guess when he hit the water his lungs filled up and he just stayed there. Luckily the drop off there wasn't straight down and only slid to about 5' deep about 8' away from the bank.

Most normal shots are 40-50 yards or so but I've had a couple just kinda scoot into the brush near the ahot and lay down then you can hear the death flops a couple minutes later. Those are nice.

831hunter

FNG
I shot a nice blacktail at last shooting time and wasn't sure on the shot. Waited two hours and went to track him. He went about 20 yards and died ended up double lunged him

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
SC above jogged my memory….
I had a hog do that, shot him next to a pond, he jumped in and sank like a stone. Sat down and had a snack until he bloated up to the surface.

I shot a Bull moose in BC decades ago…similar scenario….I saw him swimming across a lake, ran like the devil to get close to where he came out….shot him and he saw me as I released while he was shaking off. He jumped back in the frigid water and I quickly put another one in him right below the waterline.

Man, I think of that ice cold water pouring in…dang…he sunk right there…but was 1/2 floating in another hour.

dtrkyman

WKR
I once shot a whitetail doe, hit her in the heart and all she did was flinch, I was like wth I swear I drilled her?

A few seconds later she sat down like a dog and then tipped over, shot was about 10 yards and she went zero feet!