Your shortest recovery

Beendare

WKR
What's your shortest recovery of an animal?

Spine shots of course...and I've had one buck that was a straight down shot from a tree stand that died leaning against the tree I was in.

I have had a few hog charges and on two of them the arrow caught the hog dead center of the noggin...and that stops them in their tracks.
FEC5474C-81B1-4444-B1A8-7DA5C81F59C4.jpeg

Besides spine or shots to the noggin....I've had a lot of short recoveries...but only a few that just took one or two steps...uslually a lunge as they are going down. I shot this bull coming to my buddy calling at about 12 paces and he never knew he was shot- just stood there for about an 8 count...then lunged and went down right there.
882C1E48-B42B-4428-B0CA-E45C34EE4440.jpeg

What about you?

CorbLand

WKR
Shot a deer and he was dead within 50 yards. Dont remember the exact distance. After the shot, I went and found the arrow, found some shade and waited a little over an hour. He was dead 30 yards from me the whole time.

I've spined a few deer from trees stands, and watched a few other deer, elk, bear go down in sight. From my experience a complete passthrough the animals is less likely to go far, doesn't even know they are hit. With an arrow half way they seem to spook more and run harder

Randle

WKR
Shot my first bull at 18 yards, he ran out 30, called to slow him down, he turned and ran back in and dropped 3 yards from where I shot him

FLS

WKR
I shot a big sow at about 10 yards. She ran head first into the water oak I was sitting in, hitting it so hard her rear end came off the ground. Died right at the base of the tree. I had to hop over her off the last step when I came down.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My first deer ever with a bow, 30 years ago. WT doe in Missouri. I thought I had hit her good, but she took off, ran about 15 feet and stopped. I could see a lot of blood and was knocking another arrow when just tipped over dead, never twitched.

Shot a mature whitetail one time that dropped with an arrow thru both lungs. Never determined why, it was weird. Only time that has happened. A much younger version of me made a terrible shot on a doe, hit it in the ass. Emptied my quiver trying to get another arrow in her that was in the vitals. Ran out of arrows, tried to figure out what to do, then realized she was dead. Hadn't paid attention, I was focused on just trying to get another arrow in her. She had gone only about 12, maybe 15 feet and laid down, was dead quickly from the femoral artery. Wasn't far, but I was gripped with doe fever and couldn't put together a follow-up shot to save myself.

Bull in my Avatar I shot around 50 and he dropped 25 yards from me, thought he was going to run me over.

Legend

WKR
I shot my first cow elk through the heart. She looked up at me, stood there and bled, and then fell over. She never took a single step!

I was sold on the effectiveness of broadheads!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Frontal on an elk with the bow. A couple steps, a 360, and he was down. It was pretty impressive.

Dennis

WKR
My last two bull elk, jumped at the shot walked about 50 yards and stood until they fell over. Both died within sight, so tracking was easy.

Shot this hog from 75 yards. It spun as the arrow approached. Entered the ribs arrow poking out the cheek. Severed the spine on the way there. Never went another step.
03ae66c19f7e1bed0d46ddc70cf1324d.jpg

My shortest non spine recovery was a big pregnant sow that I shot in the neck, exiting the other armpit. Got all her vitals. She went 10 yards max. Didn’t get a photo of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Black bear, shot broadside. Ran as hard as it could for 3 strides, tumbled, and didn’t move again.

Bull in my avatar made it… oh… 20 yards? Arrow hit, and his first step to run his back end was already wobbling. He took 10-15 stumbling steps, turned sideways and tipped over.

First bull ek. First elk with a longbow. First big game animal with a longbow.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I had this doe (my first archery deer) peek over a rise at me that I had just ranged at 35 yards. All I had was the frontal shot, but as I drew decided that white neck patch was a great aiming point. She dropped like a box of rocks. Sounded like that's what my arrow hit too. The broadhead went right between the vertebrae.
img_1_1684472810745.jpg

N2TRKYS

WKR
Very few deer I shoot make it out of sight. 50 yards or in. Most within about 20-30 yards on broadside shots.

My rifle shot deer run further than the ones I shoot with my bow.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Spined a javelina and it didn't go anywhere. Was like a 15 yard shot so 15 yards.