Your Picks for an Ultralight Stock

Paradigm seems like the direction for ultralight in a “precision” based build. Echelon and peak 44 honorable mentions!

Agree that most of the bartlein, krieger, and similar makers aren’t ideal for ultralight options. They then to have shanks that are too long and not fast enough tapers on the breach end to achieve light weights.

z987k

WKR
Paradigm seems like the direction for ultralight in a “precision” based build. Echelon and peak 44 honorable mentions!

Agree that most of the bartlein, krieger, and similar makers aren’t ideal for ultralight options. They then to have shanks that are too long and not fast enough tapers on the breach end to achieve light weights.
Does Paradigm sell just stocks?

z987k

WKR
They did at one time. I’m not that interested in a 16 oz stock so I’ve not followed them closely.
Their prices are up there with gunwerks, and best I can tell are quite a bit more expensive than the sum of their parts, which is always interesting....

Their prices are up there with gunwerks, and best I can tell are quite a bit more expensive than the sum of their parts, which is always interesting....

Fair point, i dont think they used to be that crazy priced. Their barrels are insane light too. Maybe they don't sell components anymore and use it as a way to jack up their full build prices because there aren't other options with those ergos and carbon barrels for that weight that i'm aware of.

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
I built my 7 LRM
Proof CF
Mac brother Element ancriom
Stocky stock sports
Leupold vx6
Banish 30
Is about 8.5 lbs

z987k

WKR
Fair point, i dont think they used to be that crazy priced. Their barrels are insane light too. Maybe they don't sell components anymore and use it as a way to jack up their full build prices because there aren't other options with those ergos and carbon barrels for that weight that i'm aware of.
I think you're right. I'm not seeing anyone putting together truly ultralight rigs. You have to piece it together yourself or spec it to a gunsmith.

Decker9

WKR
Will wildcat ship to the states yet? I finished one at 19oz, I find them a nice light stock. As for steel barrel, im running a #1 benchmark on my mountain rifle, things tiny, definetly lighter then my ibi carbon. Worth a look if ultralight is your goal.

Boonie327

FNG
I’m not sure of your action, but you should look at OutKast arms. The guys that are working out of the old Nula shop. Made the same way Melvin’s stocks were (way stronger than any other stock) and weighs about 16 oz with pad I think.

Jmort1754

WKR
I just had one put together with an Echelon stock and I am very pleased with it so far, weighed 19 oz from them and my smith had nothing but good to say about it.

Reactions: HGL

Wapiti1

WKR
Will wildcat ship to the states yet? I finished one at 19oz, I find them a nice light stock. As for steel barrel, im running a #1 benchmark on my mountain rifle, things tiny, definetly lighter then my ibi carbon. Worth a look if ultralight is your goal.
No. I asked them again in July.

Jeremy

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Importing my wildcats was a pain. And now I'm not a fan of that grip geometry anymore. Also, LRI complained about them being shoddily constructed and hard to work on. All that being said ..... my rifles in wildcats look great and shoot phenomenally. Noticeably tighter than factory stock.

-J

Samson7x

WKR
You used to be able to buy proof research elevation stocks but I haven't checked recently. They were 19oz I believe.