Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

100%DIYazCOUES

Lil-Rokslider
Theme for me is cutting weight with quality gear for my longer pack in hunts, as efficiently as possible cost wise.ive managed to drop several lbs from my pack, and almost every upgrade I’ve made has been bought at 20-40% off.
Exo k4 5000-absolutely amazing. $600
Durston x mid 2-amazing $200
ZenBivy core 25,light sheet-unproven but seems great $210
Therm-a-Rest neoair nxt L/W- unproven but seems perfect $120
Camptime pack stool for glassing. Unproven but a lb lighter then my walkstool $25
OR helium rain jacket.-so far so good, huge weight savings $45
KUIU peloton 97-unproven but huge weight savings for what should be similar performance of my current mid layers $55
Tricer lp- like it so far, good enough to sacrifice a tiny bit of performance to drop almost a lb.

Packs at 48 lbs including rifle, half gallon of water, food for 6 days, and layering assuming the coldest weather our hunts could possibly be, so there’s room to drop more weight.
Love that!

hsb

FNG
Changes 2024
Sleep system - Katabatic Quilt - Gossamer Gear the One Tent - Nemo Pillow - 5 stars for all of them, but especially the quilt!
Boots - Crispi Lapponia 2 - Wearing out fast but that is to be expected
Kifaru ARK frame - Love it, saves me some weight and the adjustment is way easier then the old frame.
Born Primitive Frontier Light - Like them, don't know if I like them more then my Kebs but they do breath better. Probably use my Kebs for late season and these for early season. The zipper less pockets are great for a button release.
5 pin Black Gold Pro - Great sight, super bright, fantastic pins, don't really like the micro adjust system but is way better then my triple stack spot hogg, I do not like the vertical pin system.
GoHunt Approach hoodie - for $45 on sale, its great, I actually have a couple now
Black Ovis Puffy pants - these will be used this Nov.

cjdewese

WKR
Tikka 1:8 243
Maven C:1 10x42's
Marsupial Bino Harness
Spartan Ascent Tripod
And back to QAD Exodus Broadheads for my bow.

Last edited:

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
SLIK 634 and a Tricer head, we liked it so much in MT this spring, hunting partner got the same set up, being able to stand to glass was a game changer for me, tall grass and brush as well as just a break from sitting.

Currently re working a super heavy .223 700 I built about 12 years ago, hoping to go carbon and suppressed and it will turn into my do everything gun up to White tails and Black bears.

Stone Glacier pack from Kifaru, I love Kifaru, and will be ordering an ARK this winter, This just fits really really good, and for hiking all day carrying basics, it's alot lighter, however I trust Kifaru, I don't trust this yet

Honorable mentions, Goat knives so I can use allen/torx for my scope and bow repairs, Smaller lighter steripen, and a the SG 32 degree quilt for september seasons.

Trldad

FNG
I made the upgrade from Vortex optics to Swarovski.
10X42 vortex vipers to 8.5X42 EL. I got a good deal on a used pair, I can't wait to get them in the field.

Optics,
Upgraded Razor HD binos from Bushnell’s
Athlon Ares on order(first spotter for me)
Sirui tripod

Did buy some FL pants. The hand me downs I’ve been wearing are about 4 inches too big in the waist, and finally figured it was time.

The price of meat jumped up this year…

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
I added a backcountry setup this year

Gossamer Gear The Two
Thermarest XTherm NXT
Katabatic 22* Flex Quilt
Sea to Summit Pillow
Jetboil
Katadyn BeFree filter and 3L dirty bag
Cascade Mtn trekking poles
Fenix headlamp

and a bunch of other small things. Totally setup for a week in the woods with the elk with my Exo K3 4800.