Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

Ended up switching things up more than I thought I would with regard to my rifles. I have a heavy PRS-style build that I'm waiting on the barreled action for (sometime in the next month or so according to the builder). And I ended up keeping my Mausingfield setup and will make it my main hunting rifle moving forward. Also now have full length ARCA rails on every rifle to attach my bipod and tripod to.

Midweight hunting rifle:

Mausingfield M5
Proof Sendero carbon fiber 6.5CM 22"
Vortex Razor 6-36x56 (will buy NF of some flavor for hunting for next season)
TBAC Ultra-9
Huber two-stage set at 1.5 lbs
MDT Ckye single pull bipod (shared with competition rifle)
KRG Bravo (going to upgrade to Manners LRH after hunting season I think)

PRS-style rifle that I'll also treestand hunt with out east:

Lone Peak Fuzion
24" Benchmark M24 profile barrel chambered in 6.5CM
Vortex Razor 6-36x56
TBAC 338 Ultra
Foundation Centurion + Hawkins M5 bottom metal
Bix n' Andy Tacsport Pro-X two-stage trigger with gator shoe (just arrived today and holy shit it's nice)

IDVortex

WKR
One thing I got off my list and got upgraded, new Binos. Maven B6 10x50. Compared to my $150 Nikons, huge upgrade. Especially once I get a tripod for it. Don't see the need of buying a spotter now until I go on a MT Goat hunt or a trophy hunt where I need to know more of the size.

jpr9954

FNG
I upgraded my binos. While my Maven B.3 8x30s were pretty good, I found them lacking at longer distances. This was really evident in Africa this June. I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Leica Trinovid 10x42 HD’s.

All the advice I got was to buy the best you can afford and then some. Plus my eyes are not getting any younger.

Last edited:

LFC911

WKR
Upgraded Bow from RX1 to RX5
Switched from G5 Montec vented 125's to solid 100's
Added FL Grizzly Mits and Guide Jacket
Upgraded binos from Vortex Razor 10x50 to Sig Zulu6 16x42
Upgraded pistol from S&W M&P 2.0 10mm to Sig P320 XTen 10mm
Upgraded Spotter to Vortex Razor 13-39x56
Upgraded digiscope from Magview to Ollin
Added Gunfighter Kenai chest holster
edit: also went from 250ish lbs in January to currently 235 and added subscription to Mtn Tough but paused it after a few weeks due to hernia surgery

Last edited:
New sleeping pad. Big Agnes rapide
Flextail inflator
Tent: seek outside redcliff w/ sxl stove
48 oz nalgene bottle
Gunfighters kenai chest holster
Lost 10lbs so I carry less weight lol

vladkgb

FNG
Upgraded from mystery ranch sawtooth 80 to exo k4. Hauling out my bull last year using the MR pack was such a pain, it has no lumbar support and narrow belt, and was constantly sliding down my hips and required readjusting. I also didn't realize how noisy it was until I started wearing my k4.

Upgraded my binos to 12x zulu6 from SIG, the image stabilizing is a game changer. I'm upgrading from swaro EL 10x42, we will see if I miss the low light performance.

Upgraded the my FHF pro-m bino harness to a FHF fob to hold the zulu6. I like the magnetic flaps. Being able to keep it open while glassing means I can quickly put the binos away.

Upgraded to the beast adapter for my bino harness to carry my Glock 20, and knife behind the bino harness. Took a bit to figure out a good position for the range finder since I'm right handed. This is replacing my drop leg safariland holster which gets annoying for various reasons. https://savagethreadworks.com/product/the-beast-adapter/

JRob#33

FNG
Upgraded my binos to Maven B3 10X30s. Took them on an Alaskan cruise and have zero complaints so far. They are much better than the older Leopolds I had.

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
New rifle (Christensen Arms Modern Carbon Rifle) in 7PRC
Zeiss Gavia spotter
Alpyn Triple threat tripod
Kuiu Super Down Ultra pants

rclouse79

WKR
I upgrade and tinker with gear every single hunting season. Since I have been saving up to buy a dirt bike for hunting, I have found I don't have the normal itch to buy the smaller stuff I usually do. I am aiming to be content with what I have this year, which isn't a bad thing to get used to.

MBAlex

Lil-Rokslider
Rebarreling my 22-250 to 6cm. It will be my primary hunting rifle from whitetail to wolves.
Getting an SG skyscraper
In the market for a sleep pad.

I'm wanting to upgrade optics from military marine 10X50 Steiners to something with much better low light performance, I just can't see spending 2K on them. I have looked at the Zeiss Conquests, but am I gaining that much more with that glass?

At the end of last year, I got a new setup with a Leofoto 363 tripod, built my own shooting table for it and made a bag to go on top for binoculars and shooting.

I also upgraded/downgraded my rifle sling to using an M1 Garand cotton sling, I like this setup.

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
The last few years have been good and I have purchased just about everything I would need. Ill sell my 25-06 to fund another Burris scope for my dads rifle and thats about it.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
After a pad failure on a recent trip, I picked up a Thermarest Neoair Xtherm NXT pad. I also got some First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants. I really like the knee pads and the way the suspenders fit for wearing them under a pack.

Otto#14

FNG
Upgraded from Tikka t3 30-06 to a Bergara Carbon ridge wilderness 300 Win
Upgraded bag from a cabelas 4800 to a SG 5900
Changed from a 2 person pop up tent to a Lite outdoors Isola with Titanium stove

Next year will be the year of the Optics. Have to spread these purchases out so my wife doesnt leave lol