Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

I have the zenbivy light quilt/sheet in the 10 degree. I ran it with an xtherm during 1st rifle in CO (lows around 10F). I'm extremely pleased with the comfort and warmth of the system, but the bulk/weight does leave something to be desired. The UL system is probably fantastic, but the price is too steep for me to upgrade.
Yeah, I hear ya on UL price. I’m looking to upgrade from a -40 F north face bag from the mid-90’s and a Sea to Summit rectangular pad (I normally give my son the other Sea to Summit pad since I fall off it). So I may even lighten my load and bulk with a ZB upgrade.

Back on topic: More trigger time is always a solid choice. Though not necessarily low cost!

Duplex to Ark
Ether Light to Tensor All Season Sleeping Pad
Befree to Quickdraw water filter
Superfeet to Sole insoles

Honestly, all 4 of those changes are based more from being someone who likes testing out gear than actually needing to replace them. Id have been fine sticking with the exact same load out as last year.

Next on my list is new binos, went out this last weekend with a buddy with Diamondbacks and didn't realize how bad my nikons were. So looking at Uhd or Mavens B6

Took some advice from a friend and just received my 209 conversion kit for my Knight. Also got a Williams peep to mount. Going to get back into muzzleloading.

My focus is on pheasant hunting and running my Vizsla in AKC hunt tests this year. For those purposes, I bought a couple Orvis lightweight shirts with blaze orange shoulders. One long sleeve and one short and I bought a Dogtra bird launcher and a bird bag for training with quail. I will be buying a bird basket to hold the quail in and I'll be ordering 50 quail for training this fall.

I’m a Northeast Whitetail hunter.
This season I’ve gotten new Kuiu pro merino 200 1/4 zip
A Kuiu Stalker 500 Pro mini pack
A Pursuit Jac shirt from Stagr (wool hunting jacket)
Lacrosse Aeroheads Sports
Probably make me a new knife, more of a drop point style
I could use a new parka and bibs for stand hunting, but I’ll try and give my old pair another year….

Southern whitetail:

Going shorter and smaller on my rifle - 18" 6CM w/ DD wolfhunter
Swapping to a mil scope
New RIP TKO 250s for bowhunting
Ditching my badlands packs for a 2200 K4
Picked up some Gen 2 Kilo 10ks

Thinking about trying a saddle but worried because the cartridge I'm shooting is technically a creedmoor and I don't want people to think I'm gay.
You are definitely toeing the line.

Back