Your Favorite Hunt you would recommend?

arcticpig

FNG
What's up everybody. This is my first post. I was wondering if somebody can give me a trailhead and place to camp to give me the best shot at a 6x6 elk.....lol jk

For real though I started bow hunting in Middle School really enjoyed it. Hunted whitetail deer. Decided I'm going to travel to some different countries and just live with no purpose. Now I'm back to real life and living in Southern Florida and want to get back into hunting. Went on an archery elk hunt 2023 unit 53. Had a blast. Saw 4 elk. Got within shooting range but couldn't get a shot off. Didn't get anything but I also did bring my pup along (service dog).

Question is what are some good hunts you recommend in some general areas like out west or north or canada that you have had some good time doing that you would recommend? Just trying to get some ideas. There is so much to learn with Western draws, whitetail deer draws, and kind of just want somewhere to start to enjoy being in the woods; cool locations even if I don't end up getting anything.

Thanks in advance.....I wouldn't mind that trailhead for the 6x6 tho.

Taudisio

WKR
If you walk far enough from any trailhead, you could find a 6x6!

One of my favorite hunts is a late summer archery mule deer when they are still in velvet. Think mid/late August. Weather is always warm at home and cool up high and it’s nearly the first opportunity to hunt for the fall. Usually takes a few years to get a tag with a target rich environment. Camping and good fishing with family doesn’t make the experience worse….

OP
arcticpig

arcticpig

FNG
If you walk far enough from any trailhead, you could find a 6x6!

One of my favorite hunts is a late summer archery mule deer when they are still in velvet. Think mid/late August. Weather is always warm at home and cool up high and it’s nearly the first opportunity to hunt for the fall. Usually takes a few years to get a tag with a target rich environment. Camping and good fishing with family doesn’t make the experience worse….
That does sound nice. Do you sleep in a tent? If so, do you prefer floorless, single wall or double? I have a big Agnes tiger wall at the moment but I do want a trekking poles tent in the future.

Taudisio

WKR
That does sound nice. Do you sleep in a tent? If so, do you prefer floorless, single wall or double? I have a big Agnes tiger wall at the moment but I do want a trekking poles tent in the future.
When I am with the family, they bring a camper. When I leave them and pack into the wilderness (I’m the only one that bow hunts) I have a SO cimarron. Floorless tipi. I only prefer the floorless tipi for weight/size. I have used $30 Walmart tents in the past. No problem with your tiger wall. Up high altitude, summer evening thunderstorms are a very common occurrence. They seem to come out of nowhere so a rain fly overnight is definitely needed.