Would you buy one of these?

OP
JB.USMC

JB.USMC

FNG
Agreed "Catch to order" has to many flaws to actually work out. If someone asks for something I don't have on hand, just have to follow up when able.

Marsh fly - Agreed shirts would be awesome and Ill have to look into what that takes to make it happen.

Corbland - I have been concerned with the legality of this as well. Every fish gos to the table or the garden, but Im sure there is a regulation out there making this a bit more difficult than it should be IMO

jjohnsonElknewbie Thank you very much, I will look into that channel! Never seen​

fatcamp - I have not experimented with other fabrics, only what has traditionally been used for this type of work. I feel the ink would bleeed more on others and not show the definition? Maybe I'm wrong?

Update: Not going to be up and running tomorrow or anything but I m working on it, I would like to have a solid inventory when the shop gos live. Give a narrow customer base more options and such. Me and the boys are after some crappie this weekend, hopefully get a couple 12"+ to make some art (and sandwiches) with.

Loper

WKR
I like the medium, and think it looks cool, just don’t think I’d pay money for one. I’d prefer to have the experience of catching the fish myself and doing the art, then having a story about the art on the wall.

However, I do think others would buy your stuff on Etsy. Best of luck with sales.

Hello all, I have made of few of these pieces of “fish art” for around the house. They are called “Gyotaku”. A friend of mine suggested I sell them on something like Etsy. I’m just trying to gauge if I might be able to pull that off. I thought they looked cool and gave it a shot on some recent catches. I really nit pick and the prints and just looking for honest feed back ( and to share them with fellow rocksliders ). My 4 year old was super excited to be able to add his bluegills to the art lol. So either way I’ll still be putting some on the wall.
Thanks all.
You need a few more ukuleles.

Beendare

WKR
JB, keep in mind..... my wife had a fit when I tried to put my Russian wild boar mount in the house.

I don't really care about mounts in the house, In fact, I don't like a bunch of mounts anyway....and I prefer them in my office anyway which we both agree on.