Your favorite FFP hunting reticle that is great at lowest-magnification?

Shraggs

WKR
I have a couple swfa 1-6. It is easily used at one power. If your wanting to hold for wind, at 1 power no. 3 easily. There are a ton of scopes in the whitetail woods with 3 as the lowest setting, but few you could hold wind in a readable scale in ffp. Don’t recall a magnification range you asked about but lower power seems a very good option for a ffp since the minox is out. The small center dot truly helps me with long shots on 6x and I’ve not had any problem holding the dot or hash on a gong at 800+ yards.

I have good vision but for whatever reason really prefer a nice bold reticle. Milquad was a little to fine for me. Had a really hard time putting crosshairs on a dark body whitetail in thick timber at first light.

So far the LRHSi has been the only one to do it for me. I’ll take the donut compromise in exchange for being able to see better on a snap off hand shot. Illumination is really nice for pigs and bears.

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wondering what peoples favorite mil-based FFP reticles are that offer good performance at lowest power, in addition to features for longer range holdovers and wind when dialing. I'm kind of toying with trading-in a higher-powered "PRS-only" scope and replacing it with a mid-powered (to me that's minimum 35' FOV up to 15-18x or so top end) "hunting scope that also works for long range holds" optic, but I'm having trouble finding reticles I like, or having trouble getting a sense of what various reticles look like at lowest power. (that every manufacturer doesn't publish both high and low-power images of their reticles as part of their little reticle manual baffles me).

I see some people post that they dont understand this fixation with lowest power, but since I mainly hunt in the east and shots are typically 50 yards and under and frequently on a moving critter, against an exceptionally busy background, this is probably the single most important element of a reticle to me and one I'm not willing to compromise on for a scope that isnt 100% a range-toy.

It seems very, very few ffp reticles are designed with low-power function as a primary concern, and even when they say they are I dont need or want 10 mils of wind-hold, nor do I need or want 20 mils of holdover--I need a big, fat, bold-as-sh$% reticle I can use in all light conditions against the busiest background at 3x, and I want all those hashmarks to be there but invisible and leave my field of view un-cluttered until needed...and then show up as I zoom in to where they will realistically be used.

I've seen some posts on the minox THLR reticle, and while I'm still not sold on it not having had a chance to look through one, it's a perfect example of a reticle designed from the ground-up to work well at low power, while still offering the holds and measuring ability for longer range work. I own a ffp mil-dot reticle scope that I like that simply looks like a duplex at low power, but while it works for its intended purpose it is limited for holds and only has 1mil marks.

So, what is your favorite FFP hunting reticle for a mid-power dialing scope that not only handles all of the stereotypical long range stuff, but works exceptionally well at lowest-magnification? Beer is on me if you have a photo through the reticle at lowest power.
Doesn’t really help you any with your requirements, but the reticle in the SWFA 1-6 HD works great at both low and high power. If you can live with 6x, it’s a great scope.

John

C9421D11-31CD-4977-9FB2-B7FE60417DD7.png

1x

54760846-F4C3-4A8C-B7F6-7FF80E781AF9.png

6x

Mojave

WKR
THLR is the answer. Gunwerks new reticle is similar to Tom’s THLR.

Cswedeen

FNG
Might be an older thread, but I’ve had great success with my Leupold Mk5hd in TMR. I have the illumination, but have never found a need for it. At 3.6x it is a duplex I grew up with and at 18x it has mil hashes needed for elevation and wind and adjustments. Took an Oryx at 520 yards 15 min before the end of shooting light last week and it worked amazing. Didn’t ever feel the need to turn on the illumination.