Your Elk Hunting Rifle

TheJimmer

FNG
Just upgraded to a Tikka T3x 300WM on an XLR chassis with a NF SHV 3x10 and a harvester evo suppressor. For how light it was it shot smoother then I could have imagined. I also shed several lbs over my old rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_4273.jpg
    IMG_4273.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 41
6.5PRC - Defiance AntiX - Proof Research Barrel - Manners Pro Hunter - Trigger Tech Special - Hawkins Hunter Bottom Metal W/ Schmidt Bender META - The thing is super light and hella accurate

WashCycle

FNG
Switched it up this season with a new rifle. Scratched a wood stock rifle the last time out and it was hard to stomach. Went with a high performance budget build IMO
.78 grouping
Browning X-Bolt OD Green in 300 win Mag. 180 Grain Nosler Accuabonds. Leupold VX-3HD windplex

Just broke it in this past week and removed the muzzle break after the first shot - ringing ears with double ear pro ☠️
IMG_7187.jpeg

I use a handed down, sporterized Springfield M1903, manufactured in 1906 based on the serial #, the first vintage of .30-06. I'll probably upgrade to an x-bolt in the next couple years but for now there's something satisfying about knowing that a rifle that's seen a couple world wars can still fill the freezer. Especially when you throw some fancy new bullets in it. Barnes TSX 180gr