Young Buck Shoots Old Buck

Tricer

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
The 16yo was up to bat this week and he didn't disappoint.

It was our 7th day in the field and our 4th day of the hunt. Living off freeze dried and sleeping on the ground up to knobs before dawn and hiking back in the dark every day.

The kid was hungry for blood but he would not stop passing small bucks. He only wanted a giant.

Hiked in a mile to a new knob glassed and yet again saw does and a bachelor group of 4 identical forky's. It was prime time 8:30 am but we were on the 2nd to last day of the hunt. We had to throw a Hail Mary we had to move.

We get up and hike a 1/2 mile to the north to a canyon we had not been in. A perfect knob with 360 views. We glass for 20 minutes. Looking down into he canyon and nothing. I stand up and decide to throw my binos 500 yds above us into a brushy cut and standing there is a 4x buck.

We move about a 100yds up the ridge to the perfect shooting bench and the Kid gets prone with his Browning Hells Canyon 308 powered by Barnes 168g TTSX on the new TRICER-RP bipod.

Wait it's not one 4x its four 4x and they are all shooters. I am calling his dope 350yds they are moving up hill 380yds. I tell him pick the biggest one and do what you do.

The kid has ice in his vanes he has been training for this moment his whole life. Boom thwap direct hit but this giant takes it like an elk stumbled but keeps standing he is the leader of the group all his buddies just stand there looking at him. He knows what to do and sends another boom thwap DRT.

The emotions are flowing when he stands up the adrenaline kicks in and his body is shaking uncontrollably.

I was filming the whole thing and at this point I don't know what buck he shot but he swears it was the biggest.

We gather our stuff and start hiking over. When we get within eye sight I can see his right and I say awesome he's a nice 4x. I am filming my kid walks up and pick up this bruiser and says Dad I shot a monster. This buck is a 7x5 freak.

I am so proud of my son. He has more grit than most men. The student is becoming the teacher.
IMG_1528.jpegIMG_1529.jpegIMG_1530.jpegIMG_1531.jpegIMG_1532.jpegIMG_1533.jpegIMG_1534.jpegIMG_1536.jpegIMG_1537.jpegIMG_1538.jpeg

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Wow what a buck! Your excitement and love for your son is evident in your post and your expression in your pictures. Congratulations on a great experience.