Yeti vs. Hydroflask

I’m a hydroflask fan. Same idea but a bit cheaper. Actually, my 64 ounce jug came from Walmart. I was apprehensive about the chela cost but it’s been with me for 7 years, beat on, dented, left in my truck all day long and still the water has ice in it at the end of the day. It’s tough to go back to yeti. Their “chug cap” costs almost as much as my entire 64oz jug. All of them seem to work fine.

OP
D
I’m a hydroflask fan. Same idea but a bit cheaper. Actually, my 64 ounce jug came from Walmart. I was apprehensive about the chela cost but it’s been with me for 7 years, beat on, dented, left in my truck all day long and still the water has ice in it at the end of the day. It’s tough to go back to yeti. Their “chug cap” costs almost as much as my entire 64oz jug. All of them seem to work fine.
One thing I do like much better about Hydroflask is their bottles get taller as the liters increase but maintain almost the same diameter. Anything above 26oz from Yeti will only fit in some Mystery Ranch water bottle pockets.

I have a 64oz Yeti and a 64oz RTIC that was half the price, took them both on a trip Im convinced the RTIC had more ice in it at the end of the trip. They definitely all work despite the price.

The Yetis are beefier and the coatings take more of a beating but functionally they're not superior to justify the price.

jayhawk

WKR
Hydroflask fan here. Never had issues out of the lid and it’s been through a lot.

I have a bunch of Yeti’s since work buys them for me every year. I have RTIC cups and an RTIC cooler I like as well. The hydroflasks we have aren’t dishwasher safe so it’s more an inconvenience to use those. The chug cap is legit.

AndrewD

FNG
I have a hydroflask that I lost for a while, so I bought a single wall stainless klean kanteen. Then I found the hydroflask, but I still use the kk. Zero insulation, but it is so light and easy to clean, I prefer it, and it holds about a cup more water in the same space.

I have an old model Yeti 64oz water jug. It takes the same lid/cap as their 32oz bottles. Its taken a beating an it still works great. I swapped the carry handle out for the magnetic spin on/off drinking cap. I feel like i'm at a point where 32oz bottles aren't enough for my hydration need. I regular day I think i drink between 64 and 90 oz of water.

The calculation of 1/2 your body weight in oz of water should be your intake if you workout daily. IE. if you're 100# you should drink about 50 oz of water per day or you weight 200# you drink 100oz of water.

Well I weight 230# so I'm shy of 115oz of daily water.

TJfromTX

FNG
Yeti all day, every day (plus their customer service is on point)

Tried both Hydro and RTIC in the past, (nothing against the HF, seemed pretty good), but will 100% never buy from RTIC again (anyone who has dealt with their CS will probably relate)

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Hydroflask but I've never used Yeti, mostly because I can't see how it could be much better to justify the cost.