Xray vs. Shapecharge

tems908

FNG
For those of you with both an Xray and Shape Charge, is there a benefit to upgrading? I've had an xray I've used for EDC off and on for the last 5 years. I'm thinking about upgrading but wondering if it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

fordcappy

FNG
My 2 cents yes. You get built in exterior pockets for bottles, the duel lid pockets offer better organization. It carries the load much differently then the X-ray. It’s like an “alpine” design being more narrow, my X-ray always had the habit of everything settling on the wide bottom forcing the rest of the pack to pull off my shoulders. The X-ray works best “IMHO” with a belt sometimes not in line with an edc pack on and off may times a day.

chinagreen

Lil-Rokslider
The unconstitutional state of Connecticut
Just made the switch. X-ray to Shape Charge, it works for me. The one thing I can say about Kifaru packs is that they are built on a progression of use. What I mean by that is like the previous poster stated I found to be true, but I like the longer narrower design better, plus I usually put my gear in my bags in individual pouches and put them in the pack according to weight. I also like the way the Shape Charge fully opens. It is really about philosophy of use and what you are comfortable with. I was scared selling my X-Ray, but the Shape Charge is quickly growing on me. What I definitely know is Kifaru Packs are built by fellow Americans to be next to "Bomb Proof".

Guedi

FNG
Hello guys, i need some of your wisdom here. I fell in love with Kifaru's pack and considering ordering either the Shape Charge or the X-Ray for EDC/day hikes.

I am 6'4 and 20inch torso long and can't figure which will be the more comfortable . The longer stays of the Shape Charge seems better suited for my shape BUT the X-Ray seems to be more adjustable with the removable stays and the bottom of the shoulder straps that can be moved up.

i have read everything on the internet and cant decide nor find the right informations

Thanks for your time and sorry if my english is not accurate, it is not my mother tongue.