Urban Ruck 2.0 vs Checkpoint?

jbs121s

FNG
New member.
I've had quite a few kifaru hunting packs over the years and I'm currently looking for an EDC pack. I am currently using a mystery ranch rip ruck 24 first Gen, I like it but need a little more space.
I love the shape charge but need a dedicated laptop sleeve.
I've been reading and watching reviews and people seem to prefer the checkpoint to.thenantero but I'm not finding much on the urban ruck 2. Has anyone had both these packs and what did you like about one vs the other. They are appear to be very close in size and either should work for me.
Thanks

Vaultman

WKR
I have the UR2 and I really like it. I use it for my EDC (I work in a downtown setting). I mainly caries a large water bottle, coffee cup, first aid, laptop along with additional chords / accessories. I also carry a EDC pistol in there in a fanny pack (pistol is not in the sleeve as the laptop takes that spot). With all that it has plenty of room for a heavy sweatshirt or light jacket. I am not a super fan of the top open only (with no zipper) because it is a little harder to get stuff in and out when I want. But I do find that in town I prefer it because I know that I didn't ever leave a zipper open inviting pocket thief's. So it is a plus that way.
I also find that I prefer the look from the exterior as opposed to a zipper. But that is really just ascetics and a personal preference I didn't know I had.

OP
J

jbs121s

FNG
Thank you.

One of the things I like about the Urban Ruck vs the checkpoint is that the way the lid and latch are the pack is expandable for a little more room if needed.

Vaultman

WKR
Yes. There is lots of room in the UR2. I have used it for a overnight bag when traveling, and at time with that top extended up.
I have attached a sherman pocket to it as well, but it was a little in the way of the little stash pocket on the back, which is super handy.